A complaint many Vacation Club members never hesitate to voice is the lack of special privileges for DVC members. Disney seems to have listened as they developed a whole slew of new options for members called Membership Magic. If you find yourself on the verge of joining DVC these additions could push you over the cliff.
Knowing many visitors consider Disney dining as part of their magical experience Disney Vacation Club joined forces with some of the finest Disney chefs to create Culinary Magic – dining experiences for members only. These intimate dining experiences will consist of fixed price dinners featuring fine food and wine selections, a presentation by a chef, and limited attendance. My instincts tells me, BOOK EARLY!
On Tuesday nights members qualify for a 15% discount at two spa locations: Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. In addition you may also take advantage of the following benefits on these nights:
- A glass of wine upon arrival
- Complimentary service-enhancement upgrades—a $25 value—on any 50 or 80 minute massage and/or facial (based on availability)
- A spa-product parting gift
My critique, Disney, why not at all the DVC locations?
Every Thursday morning The Contemporary Resort will host a large-mouth Bass fishing tournament. Prizes for biggest catch and total bag weight. Includes, breakfast before heading out. Limited amount of boats so, although, I am not sure of this events popularity, BOOK EARLY!
- Thursday Mornings – Starting February 20, 2014
- 10:00 AM to Noon
- $70 per person
On Wednesday nights at the Contemporary Resort you can indulge in the elegance of chocolate covered cherries and champagne before hopping on a pontoon boat and having the best views of Wishes Nighttime Spectacular from the Seven Seas Lagoon. Only two pontoon boats carrying up to ten guests: Book Early!
- Wednesday Evenings – Starting February 19, 2014
- $85 per person
Member Night at Splitsville Lanes
- Wednesday nights, starting Feb12, 2014
- 5:00 PM ET and 7:30 PM ET
- $47 for adults (plus tax)
- $38 for children 9 and under (plus tax)
- 1 hour and 45 min of bowling time
- Shoe rental
- Shared appetizer (per two people)
- Select entrée (or kid’s meal)
- Signature beverage
- Special gift!
THE BEST TWO FOR LAST
MORE VACATION OPTIONS
This Spring members will have access to thousands of RCI locations around the world. Favorite locations will include more rooms and often for fewer vacation points. They are also promising a refreshed Disney collection with new options. They are seemingly keeping tight lipped about these details but it has my attention and look I look forward to these revelations.
drum roll, please!
New Annual Pass discounts available through April 30, 2014
Ticket discounts are the most requested benefit by members and Disney has come through with Annual Pass discounts.
Walt Disney Premium Annual Pass -$484 (savings of $245)
With a Premium Annual Pass, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited the ability to visit all Walt Disney World Theme Parks on the same day
- Water Parks
- DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course
- Access to special Passholder events
- No blockout dates all year
Disney Premier Passport – $849 (savings of $130)
With a Disney Premier Passport, you’ll enjoy:
- Same-day access to all Walt Disney World and Disneyland Theme Parks
- No blockout dates
- And more!
Disneyland Resort Deluxe Annual Passports – $429 (savings of $70)
With a Deluxe Annual Passport, you’ll enjoy:
- 315-day access in a year to both Disneyland Theme Parks
- Same day Park Hopping
Now, if only we could get discount daily tickets for us DVC members who are once a year visitors!
Disney claims these are just a few of what they will continuously add to Membership Magic…we will see!
There you go, members let me know what you are most excited about and non-members let me know if these will convince you to buy into the club.