Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
It’s time to dive Under the Sea with Ariel and her friends for tonight’s Disney Family Movie Adventure Night. The Little Mermaid is the story of a strong willed teenager who is determined to find out what life is like out of the ocean and on her own two (new) feet. Kids of all ages love this tale of fun and adventure, so grab your dinglehopper and sit down for some yummy food and Disney fun.
- Hang a fishnet on the wall and let the kids decorate it with sea shells and Ariel’s treasures they find around the house.
- Cover the table with a blue or purple table cloth and top it with white plates and cups.
- Use seashell or starfish napkin rings. Here’s a great DIY from Little Stuff.
- Don’t forget to bring out all of your Little Mermaid dolls and stuffed animals and place them around the room.
- Sand Art – Who knew you can make your own colored sand? Mama Jenn shares her directions here. Coloring the sand is definitely a make ahead project for mom or older kids. On movie night use your colored sand to make colored sand bottle art. You can use bottle you have around the house or look for decorative ones at your local craft store.
- 3D Flounder – Flounder was Ariel’s best friend, so you can’t have a Little Mermaid movie adventure without inviting him along for the fun. You can find a fun printable 3d Flounder at Spoonful.
- Sing Along – Little Mermaid has arguably the best soundtrack of any Disney movie. Have a fun sing along before the movie to put everyone in the mood. You can find great sing along videos on YouTube. Be sure to award a snarfblatt or dinglehopper for the best performance.
- Crab Salad Croissant – These tasty Crab Salad Croissants resemble Sebastians claws, and taste delicious too!!
- Kale Chips – These Kale Chips are straight from Under the Sea! It’s a great opportunity for you to get your little one to try something new – and they’re baked so they are healthy too.
- Sea Shell Cookies – These super cute cookies are made with madeleine cookies and Nutella – and who doesn’t like Nutella??
- Movie Snacks – Have some Gold Fish and ocean water to snack on while watching the move, and maybe a few Swedish Fish for those with a sweet tooth.
Be sure to check out The Little Mermaid Official Movie Site for more games & activities, too!
Have a great time with this movie & let us know what you did to make your Adventure special! Have a movie suggestion for us? Leave a comment Be sure to post any photos on our DDL FB Group & link up below if you have a blog post about this.