There is nothing more important than a child’s memories of a great summer. From the beginning of September, the countdown is on until the next coveted Summer Vacation. We are blessed to have 18 summers with our children, so time is of the essence. That’s why a Summer Bucket List is important. A way to help organize your thoughts & visions for your family’s memorable summer. And since we are all NDPs here, I thought we could put a Disney spin on it! I have compiled a list of 100 Disney ways (not all park related) to help make your summer a most memorable one. Split into 4 posts (family, parks, adults & food), I hope they help you show your Disney Side all summer long!
NDP Summer Bucket List – Disney Parks Version
- Matching Shirt Pictures – Nothing, and I mean *nothing* screams Family Vacation more than the infamous “matching shirts photo”. It really is a fun venture & a great way to remember your trip. The planning behind the shirts can also be great for family/friend bonding!
- Conquer the mountains of Magic Kingdom – Space, Splash & Thunder – there are 3 – ride them all!
- Eat a Premium Mickey Bar – It is Summer…and it is hot.
- Watch the 3:00 parade in Magic Kingdom – Take a break & catch the parade. It’s always fun when Mickey waves to you! (check your times guide-depending on which coast you are on, times may be different)
- Popcorn on Main Street – While you are watching that parade, munch on some yummy popcorn, too. You know it smells good. 🙂
- Watch fireworks in a new location – Start a new tradition. Find a new perspective. Whether you watch them from a new area in the theme park or you watch them from a resort, they are always magical.
- Ride a water ride – See #3
- Play in a splash zone – There are so many of these scattered throughout all of the parks. And they aren’t just for kids.
- Visit Hall of Presidents or the American Adventure – Since America’s birthday is celebrated over the summer(July 4th), what better place to take in a bit of American history? (and air-conditioning, too!)
- Liberty Tree at Magic Kingdom – Did you know there is a story about the Liberty Tree? Find a nearby CM (usually in a shop) and ask them to tell you the history behind the Liberty Tree. Great learning opportunity.
- Astro Orbiter – at night – try to time it with fireworks…super amazing!
- Take pictures at all 4 parks icons – Park hopping at WDW? Try to visit all 4 parks & take photos with each park’s respective icon. At Disneyland instead? Take photos with the icons for DL & DCA!
- Eat a Dole Whip – Not just at Magic Kingdom anymore! If you are at WDW, Animal Kingdom will start serving these up, too!
Eat at a new location With so many restaurants & quick service locations to choose from, this is easy!
- Catch a “Movie Under the Stars” – Did you know all WDW resorts offer “Movies Under the Stars” for free? Our friends at Build A Better Mousetrip have the schedules(updated monthly & subject to change). It’s a great way to still be at Disney, but relax under the stars & see a classic Disney movie!
- Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream – 8 scoops of ice cream, every topping in the house & a whole can of whipped cream. A WHOLE CAN? Yes, a whole can! See #3.
- Complete an Agent P mission – Located at EPCOT, these missions featuring Perry the Platypus from Phineas & Ferb can be completed in 30 minutes. Fun for anyone.
- Sounds Like Summer – Kick back in the America Gardens Theater at Epcot & enjoy the summer sounds of some great cover bands! The concert line-up for summer can be found here.
- Take a boat ride – Any boat ride counts! The ferry, water taxis, rides… How many can you take in one day?
Eat a turkey leg – While not for everyone, some folks live for this experience. If you choose not to partake in this, I challenge you to take a photo with someone eating a Turkey Leg. Just explain it’s part of your Summer Bucket List…
- Ride the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train – WDW’s newest gem, be sure to ride this!
- Hidden Mickey search – Hidden Mickey’s are all over! With books written for the parks, resorts & cruise lines, be sure to check our our good friend Steve Barrett’s site & book, Hidden Mickey
- Explore a new resort – With numerous individually themed resorts, pick a new one & have a resort day! Enjoy the ambiance, photo opportunities, food & shopping these wonderful resorts have to offer!
- Petting zoo at Ft Wilderness – With the crowds of summer, sometimes a simple activity is a great way to recharge. Visit the petting zoo at Ft Wilderness
- Wear an “I’m Celebrating” button to celebrate a #disdrivenlife – Be sure to upload a picture of it for us to see 🙂
These are just a few ideas to help you create your own Disney Parks Summer Bucket List! Check out our Pinterest board, too! Stay tuned, next we will feature a Disney Grown-Up Summer Bucket List!