Food. Some great Disney memories are centered on the whole food experience. Summer should not be void of these great culinary memories. That’s why a Summer Bucket List is important. A way to help organize your thoughts & visions for your family’s memorable summer. And since we are all NDPs here, I thought we could put a Disney spin on it! I have compiled a list of 100 Disney ways (not all park related) to help make your summer a most memorable one. Split into 4 posts (family, parks, adults & food), I hope they help you show your Disney Side all summer long!
Pancakes – Pancakes, any kind of pancakes, shaped like Mickey are always the best! A fun twist for your plate!
- Sandwiches – Did you know that you can turn your turkey & cheese sandwich (or PB&J, whatever your fancy) into a Mickey sandwich? Make your sandwich & then use a Mickey head shaped cookie-cutter to create the fun shape. Smiles at lunch!
- Try a Disney recipe at home – So many great Disney fan sites recreate Disney recipes at home. Try a recipe search online for your favorite dish or check our our very own NDW Ashley’s site, Disney Travel & Leisure for some great Disney at home recipes! This official WDW pinterest board has a lot of great recipes, too!
- Cookies – Mickey cookies can’t be beat! Try this great butter cookie recipe from NDM Lucinda as featured on Carousel of Projects!
- Kitchen Sink – While you may not have a “kitchen sink” shaped bowl to serve it from, a large mixing bowl would work just the same. gather your favorite flavors of ice cream & all the toppings you could possibly want. Remember, the Kitchen Sink is known for its 8 scoops of ice cream, every topping in the house & a WHOLE CAN OF WHIPPED CREAM! Not familiar with the Kitchen Sink? Disney Parks Gary tells you all about it in this great Disney Parks video!
- Mickeyroni & cheese – Purchase a package of Mickey shaped macaroni & take it home for dinner time fun! While this can only be purchased in the parks, what a fun way to relive Disney memories over dinner.
- Mickey themed dinner – Theme your family dinner around your favorite mouse! Since Mickey’s color scheme is red/yellow/black, use these for your decor (plastic silverware, plates, napkins,cups, tablecloths). For food, any food that you can shape as Mickey Mouse (chicken nuggets, lunch meats for sub night, pasta), cheese, fruit, etc. Have fun with it!
- Minnie Mouse themed dinner – Minnie Mouse is loved by many. Theme your dinner decor around her wonderful polka dots! The biggest decision you have to make is *which* Minnie to choose from (red, pink or classic). Use either red or pink colored tableware for decor. You can add construction paper polka dots to a table setting. If you choose “Classic Minnie”, be sure to add a single daisy to the center of your table!
- Pirate themed dinner – Pirates are the coolest! Whether your family is a Jake & the Neverland Pirates fan or a Pirates of the Caribbean fan, most of your decor remains the same. For Jake fans, there are plenty of printables at Disney Junior to help. Also, stick to bright, primary blues, yellows & greens for your decor. If you are looking for a more classic pirate theme, use the darker colors. A picnic on a blanket is a great way to celebrate a Pirate themed meal!
- Princess themed lunch/dinner – Princesses are the sweetest! There are so many to choose from! As stated in the above themed dinner ideas, pick your Princess & focus on her primary colors. Then, host a tea time lunch/dinner fit for a princess of any age. For a lunch, think finger foods, cookies, or plan a big fancy dinner!
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom food party – Host a party and showcase a few of this park’s iconic foods & snacks. A few menu ideas could be corn dog nuggets, popcorn, the Grey Stuff (it’s delicious) & pretzels. Get creative!
- Disney’s Epcot food party – Host a party & showcase a few of this park’s iconic foods & snacks. Epcot is a worldwide taste party. Pick a few of your favorite countries & serve sample foods. Have your own Food & Wine Festival!
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom food party – Host a party & showcase a few of this park’s iconic foods & snacks. A few ideas could be fried rice, Flame Tree BBQ Rub, play African inspired music and maybe even face paint in honor of the new Harambe Nights!
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios food party – Host a party & showcase a few of this park’s iconic foods & snacks. A couple menu ideas could be the famous Carrot Cake Cookie or the Cobb Salad from Brown Derby served alongside viewings of famous movies 🙂 Get creative!
- Rice Crispie treats – A favorite treat of Disney Parks & summer! Rice Crispie treats have definitely evolved over the years. Shape them, frost them – these are my personal favorite!
- Disney dessert party – Disney is known for great dessert parties. Try hosting one yourself. Serve bite size portions of your favorite classics – brownie bites, cookies, rice crispie treats, etc. The possibilities are endless! For an added bonus, serve dessert while watching Disney fireworks on You Tube!
- Cupcakes – Disney cupcakes are incredible! Try to recreate a famous park treat or create your own Disney inspired cupcakes! These Mad Hatter 4th of July Teacakes look perfect for summer!
- Beverages – Disney inspired beverages are another way to feel like you are in your favorite place! Be sure to look at Cocktails by Cody for great adult beverage ideas. For family friendly fun, head to your local grocery store & purchase different flavors of soda & host a Club Cool night!
- Disney dinner – Maybe character inspired meals aren’t your thing. That’s ok! You can still have a Disney themed meal! For a dinner, pick your favorite place in Disney & theme your dinner around this! There are tons of Disney recipes out there. Maybe you have Disney themed plates you can use as well. Disney dinner music is another way to set the mood!
- Disney lunch – Lunch is generally smaller than dinner, so theme your lunchtime feast around your favorite Disney theme. Maybe its a movie, an attraction or even a song! For example, if your favorite attraction is “It’s A Small World”, theme your lunch by serving small portions of different finger foods from around the world!
- Disney breakfast – Disney breakfasts are so much fun. They usually mean Mickey shaped waffles & pancakes! Don’t forget to add fresh fruit & whipped cream! You could add a cereal bar like they do at the buffets.
- Hero themed meal – Heroes & Villains are totally in right now. So, if you are a heroes fan, pick your favorite! Pick a color scheme & serve up a meal fit for any hero!
- Villain themed meal – Just like the heroes, people like villains, too! Show your villain side by serving a meal with all your villain favorites! Colors should be darker.
- Disney tea party – The Grand Floridian Resort hosts an elegant afternoon tea party. Recreate this at home by serving little tea sandwiches & yummy sweet treats. Invite your very best friends over for a Royal afternoon!
- Disney food care package – Spread Disney magic to someone you care about by putting together a Disney food care package! Include Mickey inspired or decorated/shaped snacks/treats. Sharing Pixie Dust is fun!
Well, NDPs, there you have it. The last post for the Disney Driven Summer Bucket List. 100 Disney ideas on how to celebrate your Disney Driven Life during the summer. Be sure to let us know if you add any of these ideas to your summer bucket list. No matter what, have fun & keep celebrating Disney!!
Did you miss our other posts? Here they are:
- Disney Family Summer Bucket List
- NDP Disney Parks Summer Bucket List
- Disney Grown-Up Summer Bucket List