Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience
I have a friend who’s currently on a European Vacation, she’s been posting pictures of Greece and I thought what better way to celebrate Greece than to have a fun movie night with Hercules!!
- Toga Party – While it’s not technically décor, have everyone dress in togas. It will set the mood and be lots of fun.
- Create a podium to award Family Olympic Medals. Medals can be as simple as a ribbon with a cardstock circle.
- Set the table with a white table cloth. Use yellow or gold paper plates and flatware with white napkins.
- Olive Leaf Crowns – Make this cute DIY Olive Leaf Crowns from Activity Village. Include one at everyone’s place setting – they will look great with their togas!
Have your own Family Olympics and replicate the events from the first games.
- Discus Throw – Who can throw a Frisbee the farthest? Have a line that everyone must be behind when they throw the Frisbee. Everyone gets three throws and the one who throws the farthest within the fair area wins.
- Marathon – Have everyone run three laps around the back yard for a family marathon. First across the finish line wins.
- Long Jump – Everyone runs and jumps as far as possible, one who jumps the farthest wins.
- Be sure to have your Family Medal Olympic Ceremony. Include medals for the best toga or Phil impression too for even more family fun.
- Spinach Dip & Pita Chips– Kids love spinach dip and it’s full of protein and vitamins.
- Olympic Fruit Torches – Filled a sugar cone with chopped fresh fruits. Choose the kids favorites like peaches, watermelon, pineapple, blueberries or strawberries.
- Gold Medal Grilled Cheese – make grilled cheese sandwiches using a variety of cheeses then cut them into “medals” using a round biscuit or cookie cutter.
- Greek Salad – Make a Greek Salad using olives, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese. Season them with oregano and salt, then toss them in olive oil.
Have a great time with this movie & let us know what you did to make your Adventure special! Have a movie suggestion for us? Leave a comment Be sure to post any photos on our DDL FB Group !
Tell your friends ~ please share: