Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
The first time I saw Hocus Pocus, Ashley was a little girl and she was having a Halloween sleep over with several little girls at our apartment. There were lots of snacks and scary stories, but the best part of the night was definitely Hocus Pocus.
- Sanderson Sisters Potion – Punch bowl filled with green punch made from green koolaid (made to package directions), pineapple juice and ginger ale.
- Witch Hat Cookies – A round fudge striped cookie topped with a candy kiss, attach it with peanut butter or your favorite premade cake frosting.
- Binx Sloppy Joes – fix your favorite sloppy joe recipe and spoon it onto your favorite bun, using a cat shaped cookie cutter slice cheese slices and place on top of meat mixture. Leave the cheese uncovered to melt, cover with the top bun at dinner.
- Spell Book –Make your own Sanderson Sisters Spell Book. Decorate the exterior of a composition book using cardstock, markers, rhinestones, ect. For the interior have each member of the family write their own spell to add to the book. Let each spell reflect the person’s personality – funny, creepy, use your imagination.
- Graveyard – Make paper tombstones to fill the graveyard. Make them for Dracula, Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, ect. Bonus idea – replicate for favorite tombstones from Disney’s Haunted Mansion.
- Best Billy – Have the family member become a zombie like Billy. Best zombie wins a cauldron filled with fun treats or novelty Halloween toys.
- Table setting – Black is the color of the day. Black table cloth, napkins, cups. Use a black pillar candle for the centerpiece to represent the Black Flame Candle.
- Tape the tombstones you made during your activities to the walls to create your own graveyard.
- Traditional Halloween Décor – Fill the room with spider webs, candles, a witches cauldron (fill it with your Sanderson Sister Potion), witches hats, ect. Great thing is you can leave the decorations up until Halloween!
- Spell Book – be sure to have your spell book out for everyone to read!
Have a great time with this movie & let us know what you did to make your Adventure special! Have a movie suggestion for us? Leave a comment Be sure to post any photos on our DDL FB Group & link up below if you have a blog post about this.