Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
We love all of the Toy Story movies at our house. Disney Pixar has done something with them that few franchises accomplish, all of them are great! In honor of the upcoming 15th anniversary of Toy Story 2(November 24, 1999), we are choosing it as our Disney Adventure Movie Night movie. Round up the gang and let’s have a rootin’, tootin’ good time with Woody and his pals!
- Cover the table with a checkered red and white tablecloth. Use yellow plates and red cups with red bandanas for napkins. A small base of white daisies would make a great centerpiece.
- This is one of those times when the more toys the better. Place them all around the room the way Andy would. Be sure to let the kids bring their favorite toy along to enjoy the movie too.
- Make a backdrop with a sky blue background and white puffy clouds and hang it on one wall. This would be a great place for everyone to stop take a picture, then have the kids draw a picture of their favorite Toy story 2 character and tap it to the backdrop.
- Color and fun is the name of the game this week so balloons in all colors, a toy box with balls and other fun toys should be front and center in the room.
- Have everyone draw a picture of their favorite character to hang on your sky backdrop.
- Let everyone say what their favorite childhood toy was/is and why, this includes you mom and dad.
- Have the youngest person in the family start acting out a story about what they think the toys do when humans are not around. The next youngest continues the story and so forth until the oldest family member finishes it out. This would be a great time to have the video camera out!!
- Pizza – What could be easier for mom too! Call your favorite pizza delivery place and dinner is served!
- Buzz Lightyear Grape Skewers – Thread alternating green and red grapes on a lollipop stick.
- LGM Cupcakes – Bake your favorite cupcakes and top with green icing. Place 3 candy eyes (find them in the craft section of your local Walmart) in a row in the center of the cupcakes.
Have a great time with this movie & let us know what you did to make your Adventure special! Have a movie suggestion for us? Leave a comment Be sure to post any photos on our DDL FB Group !