Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
Who doesn’t love Tinkerbell and her friends? They are the perfect combination of fun for everyone – Fairies and Pirates!
- Table setting – Black tablecloth with red plates and cups. Tie your napkins (red bandanas would be a fun choice) with jute or small rope. Dark candles in the middle of the table are a great centerpiece.
- Red balloons with white polka dots to mimic mushrooms tied around the room.
- Pirate Flag – Make your own pirate flag using a black towel. Create a skull and crossbones and attach it with Velcro or hot glue. Hang it proudly to mark your territory.
- Buried Treasure – Create your very own buried treasure. Have each member of the family put their treasure inside a decorated box and cover it with a blanket. Sometime during the evening you can “find” it and discover what’s inside. You can also try to guess who each treasure belongs to.
- Fairy Wings and Tutus – have the girls dress like Tink and her pals in fairy wings and tutus.
- Pirate Swords and Hooks – Have the kids dress like pirates, black t-shirts with plastic swords and bandanas.
- As always have Tinkerbell and her friends join you in the room along with your pirate ships, even bring Jake and his friends out.
- Talk like a pirate – Have fun with everyone talkin’ like a pirate matey! While yer at it tie on a bandana and clip on a hoop earring to look the part too. Need some help? The International Talk Like A Pirate website has a few basic words that you can use to teach your crew!
- Make a magic wand – Using dowels and ribbon and glue make your own wand. You are only limited by your imagination.
- Tattoos – This is the perfect time to pull out the rub on tattoos and let the boys and girls go crazy.
- Tie Knots – Cut pieces of small rope or jute and let the kids learn how to tie knots. There are lots of great tutorials online; mom & dad can learn something new too!
- Cannon Ball War – Split up the family into two teams and throw cannon balls (aka black balloons) at each other. After someone is hit 3 times they are out. Winner is the last pirate standing.
- Pirate Pizza – Set up a pizza station and let everyone make their very own pizza. Premade crusts and sauce make it easy for mom, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, olives, green peppers, onion, pineapple, anything you want.
- Oranges – Ye wouldn’t want to be getting’ scurvy no would ya? Get your vitamin C with tangerines, oranges, and other citrus fruits. Cuties are a great option; the kids can peel them easily and take care of themselves.
- Mac and Cheese – Who doesn’t love mac & cheese and it’s the color of gold doubloons.
- Dessert – Cupcake topped with Gold Doubloons of course.
Have a great time with this movie & let us know what you did to make your Adventure special! Have a movie suggestion for us? Leave a comment Be sure to post any photos on our DDL FB Group !