With the start of the 10th anniversary season premiere, I am happy to announce that NDM & DDL contributor, Tamela, will be recapping the episodes after they air! Be sure to look for her posts the day after each new episode premieres!
“Episode 2001” — “Dancing with the Stars” is back with an all-new celebrity cast who are ready to hit the ballroom for the special 10th Anniversary season. The competition begins with the live two-hour season premiere, MONDAY, MARCH 16 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. The premiere episode will kick off with a spectacular opening number featuring the entire celebrity cast, choreographed by Emmy nominated, Mandy Moore. Each couple will then perform a Cha Cha, Foxtrot or Jive, vying for America’s vote. One couple will be eliminated on Monday, March 23.
Viewers will also have more access to the show than ever before with #DWTSAllAccess offering viewers a behind the scenes look with six live stream videos from key positions in the ballroom. #DWTSAllAccess allows fans to view livestreams from different angles of the ballroom including: the Red Room, Judges’ Table, Sky Box, make-up mirror, a wide shot of the dance floor and an exclusive behind the scenes series hosted by Gethin Jones that will feature exclusive interviews with celebrity couples. Additionally, viewers will have access to the DWTS rehearsal studio with live streaming videos available Tuesday – Saturday from 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m., ET on ABC.com.
The couples will be performing the following (in alphabetical order):
- Noah Galloway partnered with Sharna Burgess dancing a Cha Cha to “I Lived” by One Republic
- Robert Herjavec partnered with Kym Johnson dancing a Cha Cha to “Bills” by Lunch Money Lewis
- Patti LaBelle partnered with Artem Chigvintsev dancing a Foxtrot to “Lady Marmalade” by Patti LaBelle
- Nastia Liukin partnered with Derek Hough dancing a Foxtrot to “New York, New York” by Ray Quinn, featuring Ultra Love
- Riker Lynch partnered with Allison Holker dancing a Jive to “What I Like About You” by The Romantics
- Charlotte McKinney partnered with Keo Motsepe dancing a Jive to “Shake a Tail Feather” by The Blues Brothers
- Redfoo partnered with Emma Slater dancing a Cha Cha to “Juicy Wiggle” by Redfoo
- Michael Sam partnered with Peta Murgatroyd dancing a Cha Cha to “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson, featuring Bruno Mars
- Willow Shields partnered with Mark Ballas dancing a Cha Cha to “Lips Are Movin’’” by Megan Trainor
- Suzanne Somers partnered with Tony Dovolani dancing a Cha Cha to “Physical” by Olivia Newton John
- Chris Soules and Witney Carson dancing a Jive to “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins
- Rumer Willis partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy dancing a Foxtrot to “Take Me To Church” by Hozier
The show features Julianne Hough, Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba at the judges table and is hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Erin Andrews (sports host & “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist).
Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday nights during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at www.ABC.com and on Facebook at https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/ is open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT and closing at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT on Tuesday evenings.
“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Rob Wade, Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are executive producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. “Dancing with the Stars” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline.