Craving Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival but too far away? The Disney Driven Life is going to help you bring the Festival to where ever you are, and you won’t even have to spend a fortune to taste the food. Ok maybe not a fortune, but it won’t be 5 dollars a bite.
Here is a super easy recipe you can make at home. This classic noodle gratin is from the Germany Pavilion. You can actually buy it all year long in both their Biergarten restaurant and Sommerfest. The “Schinken Nudel” is not only incredibly delicious but super easy to make.
As a side note, it’s also something your kids will love too.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 16×9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Toss cheese together in a small bowl until combined. Remove one cup of cheese and set aside.
- Stir remaining cheeses into cream mixture.
- Cook macaroni until tender. Drain and add cream mixture – stirring immediately. (Some years they have added ham here and some years have not)
- Pour mixture into prepared dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle reserved cheese over the top of noodles. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Original Recipe Source
“Epcot International Food and Wine Festival – Recipes & Stories Celebrating 20 Years” by Pam Brandon & The Disney Chefs