With 50th celebration of the Big Game coming up shortly, here at The Disney Driven Life we wanted to give you a way to combine your love of the Disney parks, and your love of football. When you think of Big Game parties you immediately think of great finger foods. We aren’t talking the fancy cucumber sandwiches type of finger food either. We are talking about good old, bad for you, not even close to fitting on any diet type of finger foods. And, our absolute favourite is CHICKEN WINGS.
Here’s a quick and easy recipe on how to make the ‘Ohana Coriander Wings from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. They are tasty, moist and will satisfy any cheering fan.
What you need:
Ingredients for Coriander Wings:
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tbsp canola oil
- 4 pounds chicken wings
Ingredients for Wing Sauce:
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
How to make them:
Instructions for Coriander Wings:
- Pre-heat over to 500F – This may seem too high, but these babies cook quickly.
- Take tin foil and cover a large baking sheet. Make sure it’s well covered.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Add Chicken and make sure the chicken is well coated with the seasoning.
- When placing chicken on baking sheet, make sure the chicken isn’t crowded. Place them far enough apart.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine all your ingredients.
- Stir on medium heat until the mixture becomes a syrup.
- When wings are done cooking, pour sauce over the cooked wings.
For more Disney Parks recipes, check out this site in the future, or the authors Disney Parks Recipe Site www.disneycooking.com for more great recipes.
Original Source for this recipe was “Chef Mickey – Treasures from the Vault & Delicious New Favourites” by Pam Brandon and the Disney Chefs