We traveled for the first time this past month to Disney World as a family of 4. While I could write about my experiences through my own eyes (and I will in a later article), I enlisted my 7-year-old son to help out first. We often forget what it is like through their young eyes. Will they be jealous? Will they love it? So here are some observations and thoughts from his point of view:
1. Going to Disney with a baby means you take a lot of breaks! We had to do a lot more shopping so that my sister could stay cool.
2. We spent a lot more time at the resort, which was cool. I got to play in the room and she slept.
3. I never even knew they even had baby care centers! I don’t need them anymore, but I still liked watching the movies while mom and dad took care of her.
4. The DVC Lounge at EPCOT is AWESOME!! Free drinks, free snacks and I got to play PlayStation!!!! Oh yeah, and she got to get out of her stroller, which is a good thing.
5. Sometimes you got to do things you don’t want to do, because you know she can’t do things you can do. Like riding Dumbo. I guess that’s ok.
6. One of my favorite places to eat is Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. I always ask for ketchup! But it was so loud, she didn’t like it. I turned the card over and didn’t play at all. I didn’t think my sister would like it. Mom and Dad said it was a very grown-up decision. I don’t really know what that means.
7. I can’t wait to see which rides she likes when she gets older.
8. Stormtroopers really are a lot scarier when you are a baby.
9. Everywhere we went people said my sister was adorable. They said I was too, but I think she is cuter. They said that made me a good big brother.
10. Wearing a Princess Protection Agency T-shirt will get you all kinds of attention!
11. I thought she would love the castle, but she didn’t notice it. I guess she is too little for things like that yet.
12. You know, even if she didn’t understand where we were, one day she will. And that will be SO AWESOME to see!!!
Have you gotten feedback from your kids with siblings and taking them?