Day-long celebrations thrill both Jedi-in-training and Jedi Masters of the family
In 2017, Disney Cruise Line guests can celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga during a day-long celebration aboard 15 special sailings on the Disney Fantasy: Star Wars Day at Sea.
Star Wars Day at Sea combines the power of the Force, the magic of Disney and the excitement of cruising for an out-of-this-galaxy experience unlike any other.
Occurring one day during each of 15 Disney Fantasy sailings, Star Wars Day at Sea transports guests to a galaxy far, far away — in the Caribbean. The event features a full day of Star Wars celebrations, including a deck party, encounters with favorite characters, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Throughout the day, Star Wars Younglings and Jedi Masters alike can enjoy the immersive entertainment. Intergalactic highlights include:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, Sabine, Ezra and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions and photos.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and cosplay and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalone Star Wars films, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and put their skills to the test in a final face-off with Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister.
- In “Padawan Mind Challenge,” Younglings participate in a fun, brain-bending battle of wits and trivia to become mind challenge masters.
- “Star Wars Saga: Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away” is a guest participation show featuring retelling of favorite Star Wars stories, with the help of props and special effects.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in all youth spaces.
Star Wars Deck Celebration Spectacular
- The day concludes with more intergalactic fun when the “Summon the Force” deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing and games.
- The “Summon the Force” deck show is accompanied by John Williams’ epic score, now including theme music from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- The party culminates as Star Wars characters converge for a celebration of the saga in an epic show, complete with fireworks finale.
- In 2017, there is a new story, with more pyrotechnics, special effects and stunts.
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, customizable nametags and 11 special trading pins.
- An epic day is not complete without a feast for the palate, so the dinner menu includes creative fare such as Sand People salad, Bantha steak empanadas, Opee Sea Killer shrimp cocktail and Qui-Gon’s crisp chicken. Sweet endings complete the meal with Calrissian velvet cake, Cloud City macarons and a frozen carbonite sundae.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages include the colorful Galaxy in a Glass made with rum, coconut, mango and strawberry and a non-alcoholic Planetoid Punch.
- For sipping, there are non-alcoholic beverages in collectible cups like a BB-8 sipper and Chewbacca stein, and for snacking, popcorn is served in containers themed to Darth Vader’s helmet or a tie fighter.
- Guests can watch all seven films in the Star Wars saga and follow Darth Vader, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Rey and Finn along their epic journey.
- Enjoy the latest Star Wars installment, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Also showing are episodes of the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on 15 Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises sailing from Port Canaveral.
Departing Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 4, 18; April 1 and 15, 2017, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Departing Jan. 14, 28; Feb. 11, 25; March 11, 25; and April 8, 2017, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.