New York-based company brings their personalized service to Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida
Kiehl’s Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care preparations, opened its first retail store in Disney Springs on March 3. Kiehl’s is proud to add a sixth location in Florida to discover Kiehl’s efficacious skin, hair and body care products, personalized customer service, and 165-year-old heritage through the complete Kiehl’s experience.
“We are extremely excited to give central Floridian locals and Disney visitors a new opportunity to discover our heritage and history, our philanthropic mission, our sampling and service-oriented approach to retail, and of course, our full line of skin, hair and body care for women, men, children and even dogs,” said Chris Salgardo, Author and President, Kiehl’s USA. “Our customers in Florida have helped drive our company’s growth, supporting Kiehl’s both in stores and online. Demand for a new local retail store has grown, and we’re so excited to open another Kiehl’s to be part of Disney Springs, the world-class entertainment, shopping, and dining destination. Each element of our new store, from the design of the fixtures explaining our skin, hair and body formulations, to the historical photographs, mementos and Kiehl’s icons, helps tell the extensive story of this unique company that began as an old-world apothecary at the corner of 13th Street and Third Avenue in New York’s East Village.”
Kiehl’s at Disney Springs mirrors the unique ambiance found in the company’s original New York Flagship, which began as a neighborhood apothecary in 1851. The new store brings a modern New York apothecary to Florida, referencing the company’s original East Village roots and blending antique apothecary fixtures with modern flair.
Kiehl’s at Disney Springs continues the company’s commitment to superior customer service through its traditional practices:
- Kiehl’s commitment to environmental responsibility and Recycle and Be Rewarded! Kiehl’s utilizes natural, sustainable materials and energy-efficient light fixtures – and encourages patrons to recycle Kiehl’s packaging with a specially designed recycling bin, promoted through Kiehl’s Recycle and Be Rewarded! The program offers customers the opportunity to return empty Kiehl’s jars, bottles and tubes to the store for recycling, in exchange for complimentary products.
- Kiehl’s commitment to education through attentive service is accentuated through a dedicated personal consultation area. The enhanced space provides an opportunity for Kiehl’s Customer Representatives (KCRs) and patrons to converse privately about products best suited for the customer’s individual needs. KCRs also use tools such as Skin Barrier Testing Tabs and a revolutionary Dehydration Analyzer Tool to help diagnose the health and hydration level of a customer’s skin, and recommend the most appropriate products for him or her.
- Simple, no-frills packaging allows Kiehl’s to formulate its products with high quantities of the most efficacious, natural ingredients available.
- Kiehl’s Since 1851 Rewards, the company’s point-based loyalty program that honors and rewards customers with benefits including special invitations, offers, and early access to new products and formulations.
- Generous sampling through Kiehl’s “try before you buy” program offers the complete Kiehl’s line of skin and hair care for men, women, children and babies with a generous offering of its traditional product samples. To assure its customers always find exactly what they need, Kiehl’s offers a 100% money back guarantee on all purchases, and guarantees that customers will see revitalized skin in 28 days or their money back.
- Custom gifting 365 days a year allows customers to create personalized gifts year-round. A Kiehl’s Customer Representative will help the customer assemble a personalized, custom gift box, choosing items based on recipient, theme, ingredient or price, from any and all products in the store.
The 1,681 sq. ft. retail space maintains Kiehl’s signature apothecary aesthetic and features:
- Personal consultation table – A designated table provides patrons a comfortable station for complimentary Healthy Skin Consultations by KCRs, which helps them determine the formulas best suited for their personal needs.
- Men’s Destination – an unintimidating space for specialized grooming education and demonstrations designed for men. A KCR will be on hand to offer quick, straightforward service and recommendations on the Kiehl’s products that are most tailored to men’s needs. Specially designed accents such as military-style lockers and props bring this relaxing stop to life for Kiehl’s male patrons.
- Carrara marble tables, counters and trim – provide a utilitarian, functional approach.
- Natural, sustainable materials – such as tabletops made from paperstone, a waterproof material made from 100 % post-consumer recycled paper.
- Energy-efficient compact fluorescent lighting – spotlights Kiehl’s products in an environmentally friendly way.
- “Mr. Bones” – the teaching skeleton and Kiehl’s icon. Pharmacist and Kiehl’s founding family member Mr. Aaron Morse valued education for his employees and his customers. As he prescribed treatments for his customers, he would use a teaching skeleton nicknamed “Mr. Bones” to explain the uses of the suggested formulas.
- Kiehl’s signature motorcycle – this icon of Kiehl’s heritage will be on permanent display, evocative of the passions and adventurous spirit of Kiehl’s founding family.
- Vintage photographs and mementos take customers on an exciting journey through Kiehl’s rich history.
- Botanical-inspired graphics – The walls feature custom graphic designs that highlight the botanicals used in Kiehl’s products and elements nodding to our 165-year history.