THE NINE REMAINING COUPLES BRING THE MAGIC OF DISNEY TO LIFE ON THE BALLROOM FLOOR FOR ‘DISNEY NIGHT,’ ON ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’ MONDAY, APRIL 17
The nine remaining celebrities will transform into some of the most magical Disney characters and celebrate the magnificence of “Disney Night,” on “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, APRIL 17 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.
- Alfonso Ribeiro Opens the Show With an Original Song and Dance Featuring the Entire Cast
- Live Performances From ‘Moana’s’ Auli‘i Cravalho, Donny Osmond and ZZ Ward
- One Couple Will Be Eliminated at the End of the Night
The Disney spirit shines as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck, among other numerous Disney animated legends, adorn the ballroom. The show opens with a spectacular number, featuring our Master of Ceremonies, Alfonso Ribeiro (“Dancing with the Stars” season 19 winner), singing and dancing to an original song with the entire cast. Each couple will perform to songs from beloved Disney films, including the current Walt Disney Studios hit, “Beauty and the Beast,” as well as animation favorites “Pinocchio,” “Finding Dory,” “Frozen” and “Wreck-It Ralph.”
Additionally, Auli’i Cravalho will perform the Oscar®-nominated hit song “How Far I’ll Go” from her leading role in “Moana,” as Simone Biles and Sasha Farber dance a contemporary; David Ross and Lindsay Arnold dance a jive to the world television debut of “Ride,” from Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3” soundtrack, performed by ZZ Ward – “Cars 3” is in theaters in 3D on June 16 – and Donny Osmond (“Dancing with the Stars” season nine winner) will perform a song from “Mulan” as Normani Kordei and Val Chmerkovskiy dance a paso doblé. As an added treat, Witney Carson teams with Donald Duck for a special dance. Each celebrity will perform a contemporary, tango, Viennese waltz, foxtrot, jazz, paso doblé or jive.
At the end of the night, based on scores and votes from last Monday, one couple will be eliminated.
Each Couple Will Dance to the Following Songs (in alphabetical order):
- Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – Contemporary – “How Far I’ll Go” performed by Auli‘i Cravalho, music & lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, from “Moana” – Live Performance by Auli‘i Cravalho
- Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – Tango – “When Can I See You Again?” by Owl City from “Wreck-It Ralph”
- Erika Jayne & Gleb Savchenko – Viennese Waltz – “Unforgettable” by Sia from “Finding Dory”
- Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – Foxtrot – “Evermore” by Josh Groban from Walt Disney Pictures’ “Beauty and the Beast”
- Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev – Jazz – “That’s How You Know” by Amy Adams from “Enchanted”
- Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Paso Doblé – “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” by Donny Osmond from “Mulan” – Live Performance by Donny Osmond
- Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Jazz – “For the First Time in Forever” by Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell, music & lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, from “Frozen”
- David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – Jive – “Ride” by ZZ Ward from “Cars 3” – Live Performance by ZZ Ward
- Nick Viall & Peta Murgatroyd – Jazz – “I’ve Got No Strings” as sung by Dickie Jones from “Pinocchio”
Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough.
For week five, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at ABC.com at http://dwtsvote.abc.go.com/ and on Facebook at http://bit.ly/2cdE4PL is open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT and closing at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday evenings.