Families Can Celebrate 35 Years of Epcot during Delicious Dine-Around
A record number of global food and wine marketplaces – 35 in all –will sizzle with new edible delights to celebrate 35 years of Epcot during the 22nd Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Aug. 31-Nov. 13, 2017. The annual Disney culinary tour of flavors will expand in 2017 for a longer-than-ever 75-day run.
Growing in scope as one of America’s top food festivals each year since 1996, the Epcot event will run for 13 additional days of inspired sips and bites throughout the park’s World Showcase and Future World. Guests will have a chance to mix and mingle with celebrity chefs, experience hands-on culinary workshops and demonstrations at the Festival Center, and get their gourmet groove on at nightly Eat to the Beat concerts.
Here’s the latest festival buzz:
- New marketplaces will be announced this summer. In addition, India (2009) and Spain (2010) marketplaces will return for an encore. For a third year, global marketplaces will extend into Future World to offer brand-new taste sensations. Disney chefs are in the kitchen whipping up delicious new bites like the Madras Red Curry vegetarian dish and Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake to be on the menu at the India marketplace. At the Spain marketplace, delectable Charcuterie in a cone promises to be a guest favorite.
- Three times nightly Eat to the Beat concerts – 225 concerts in all on the America Gardens Theatre stage — will rev up the World Showcase vibe with new musical acts and returning festival favorites spanning a broad range of eras and genres such as rock, pop and rhythm and blues.
- “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops, which debuted in 2016 at the Festival Center, return with fresh opportunities for guests to interact with visiting chefs, bakers, mixologists and other pros. Event hosts and topics will be announced this summer.
- Popular TV chefs and other culinary icons will entertain foodies and inspire their palates at Festival Center demonstrations. Those same stars of the kitchen also will create new dishes for premium events such as Party for the Senses grand tastings with new concepts and themes.
- Festival focus on family will spotlight inspired dishes geared toward children’s palates and culinary demos designed to inspire family fun.
Throughout the festival’s 75-day run, park guests can pair wines, beers and ciders with savory and sweet dishes as they stroll the World Showcase Promenade using their complimentary festival passports as a guide.
As guests explore, they’ll find something for everyone in the family:
- A Ratatouille-inspired adventure will return as Chef Remy gives families a chance to play together during this culinary scavenger hunt.
- The complimentary Back to Basics Festival Center weekend series will share epicurean tips and tricks from the pros. Book and bottle signings by some of the world’s top vintners will be scheduled, and The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar, hosted by Ghirardelli, will offer guest samples.
- Culinary Demonstrations and Beverage Seminars will offer daily learning and tasting opportunities at the Festival Center. On select Saturdays, Cheese Seminars will be a fromage aficionado’s delight.
Bookings for premium festival events will open this summer.
- Party for the Senses grand tasting events will showcase creative bites and palate-pleasing sips from eminent chefs and beverage experts plus new live entertainment.
- Resort premium events will include a Grand Floridian Brunch with a Twist and Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef.
- Specialty Dining and Pairing events will be on tap at a number of World Showcase participating restaurants.
Included with Epcot Admission:
Back to Basics series, book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Festival Passport and all attractions and park entertainment are included with regular Epcot admission.
Special Programming by Reservation:
The Party for the Senses grand tasting events, signature dinners and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. When a reservation booking date is announced this summer, guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) and get details at epcotfoodfestival.com.