AS PART OF DISNEY|ABC TELEVISION GROUP’S ‘25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS’ INITIATIVE, FREEFORM GETS INTO THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT BY GIFTING A FAMILY A HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
‘25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS’ KICKS OFF WITH A TINY HOME CONTEST
Viewers Can Go Here to Upload Submissions With Winning Family to Be Announced on ‘Good Morning America’
Other Heartwarming Pop Up Santa Surprises Include a Special Engagement, Toys for Tots and the NBA
As part of Disney|ABC’s “25 Days of Christmas” initiative, Freeform, Disney’s young adult television network, kicked off “25 Days of Christmas” and the gift-giving initiative “Pop Up Santa” on “Good Morning America,” by actress Aisha Dee (“The Bold Type”) and “GMA” co-host Ginger Zee, announcing the network will be giving away a tiny house to a family in need this holiday season. 2017 has been a rough year for many with hurricanes to wildfires, leaving many people homeless and lives disrupted. Freeform wants to bring a little joy back into someone’s life by gifting a custom-designed micro-abode.
Now through Sunday, Dec. 10, viewers can go here to submit a photo and tell why they are deserving of a chance to win their own piece of tiny luxury. On Friday, Dec. 22, the deserving winner will be announced, live, on “Good Morning America.”
Freeform is just getting started with Pop Up Santa and you can catch all of the heartwarming joy throughout “25 Days of Christmas” airing Dec. 1–25. The rest of the year’s magical merriment from Freeform stars and sponsors include:
- “The Fosters” actress Cierra Ramirez returns to her hometown of Houston to help Covenant House, a shelter for homeless youth, who are in desperate need of supplies after the recent hurricane. Along with the supplies, Cierra and Marie Callender’s® also bring a little holiday cheer by hosting a winter wonderland event for the residents and a big surprise for Covenant House, airing Sunday, Dec. 10, during “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (6:30 –8:40 p.m. EST).
- For the third year in a row, Pizza Hut is back spreading the Pop Up Santa love when “Famous In Love” stars Keith Powers and Carter Jenkins jump in the Pizza Hut “Hot Mobile” to surprise some very lucky and hungry shoppers in chilly Philadelphia with a warm couch, entertainment, oven-hot pizza and a big holiday surprise, airing Saturday, Dec. 16, during “Elf” (7:05–9:15 p.m. EST).
- “Shadowhunters” stars Katherine McNamara and Emeraude Toubia partner with Zales The Diamond Store for the third year in a row to celebrate holiday romance as they help coordinate a Cinderella-inspired proposal integrating exclusive styles from the Enchanted Disney Fine Jewelry collection available at Zales, airing Sunday, Dec. 17, during Disney’s “Frozen” (8:15–10:45 p.m. EST).
- “The Fosters” stars Sherri Saum and Hayden Byerly share the joy, along with Toys for Tots, as they surprise a group of foster kids, who are available for adoption, with a magical holiday party and a surprise visit from Santa. This Pop Up Santa is sponsored by Disney|ABC’s Share the Joy campaign, which inspires kids, families and communities to help those who need it most during the holiday season and will air on Tuesday, Dec. 19, during “Elf” (4:30–6:40 p.m. EST).
- “Shadowhunters” star Isaiah Mustafa teams up with New York Knicks’ player Lance Thomas, Garden of Dreams and the NBA to surprise a group of high school basketball players with a night they will never forget, airing Saturday, Dec. 23, during “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas” (9:20 p.m.–12:00 a.m. EST).
- “Shadowhunters” star Isaiah Mustafa and Honda team up with “Good Morning America” and send one deserving family on the ride of their lives. Our “Honda Holiday Heroes” will be whisked away for a fun-filled “ELF” experience that culminates with a Pop Up Santa surprise of a stylish all-new 2018 Honda Accord, live, on “Good Morning America.” A recap of the Honda surprise will air on Sunday, Dec. 24, during “Elf” (9:15 – 11:25 p.m. EST).