Hello Happy Bakers!
Today in our recipe series we are going to be making the easiest and super fun cupcakes; Disney’s Family’s Baymax Cupcakes. They are so incredibly easy to make and people are always super impressed with them. Even the adults are always excited. As an adult, you don’t get to eat a lot of fun cupcakes. You get a lot of bran muffins and corn muffins, but not too many Disney characters. Everyone needs to feel like a kid sometimes. It’s good for the soul.
The recipe is also great because there are lots of ways for kids to help out with. They can stir, draw the faces and help put on the frosting. And if you have numerous kids everyone can easily make their own. Kids of all ages can participate and it would be a great party activity.
Let’s get right into it Disney bakers!
What you need:
- Red Velvet cupcake recipe or box
- Cream cheese icing
- Jumbo marshmallows
- Black edible marker
- Follow the directions on the cake mix box or create your favorite Red Velvet cupcakes.
- On the circular part of the jumbo marshmallow, draw Baymax’s face using the edible marker. You can also do this with icing but it’s way easier to do with an edible marker. This will be his head.
- Place a jumbo marshmallow longest length side down on a cutting board. Cut a marshmallow in half down the longest side. These are his arms. See the picture above if you need a visual aid.
- You can frost the cupcake with a piping bag or a ziplock bag. If you use a piping bag, use a large round tip. If you use a large Ziplock bag, cut off the corner.
Fill the bag with your cream cheese icing. You can buy it or you can make your own from scratch. I encourage you to make your own. It’s quick and easy. You will spend less money and have more of it.
Starting from the center, piping outwards, frost the cupcake in a circular motion. These cupcakes will take a ton of icing because you really want to build up his body. He is a plump fella. Loveable and plump.
- Place his head on top of the center of the icing. Place one half of the marshmallow you cut in half on each side. They will become his arms.
Now go out and enjoy your favorite healthcare robot Baymax. Whether you make him for a birthday party activity or just for a Tuesday afternoon, this guy will bring smiles to your face. When you are happier, you feel better and that’s what he always wants to do. Make you feel great!
Happy Baking Friends.