Magic Kingdom: The most magical place on earth. It’s got great opportunities for Kodak moments, a wonderful atmosphere, and a ton of fabulous attractions for teens. Here is my list of top teen attractions at Magic Kingdom.
1. Jungle Cruise – I absolutely love this attraction. The snakes do creep me out a bit, but I find my courage so that I can go listen to the cute skipper’s cheesy jokes.
2. Pirates of the Caribbean – You can’t say no to pirates. They simply don’t take rejection well. Besides, you won’t want to miss this swashbuckling adventure.
3. Splash Mountain -My laughing place. Just like in my Disneyland post, I must encourage you to sit in the front. I also must encourage you not to wear rain ponchos unless you’ve recently visited Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, have meal reservations, or have a photography session scheduled at one of the resorts.
4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – The wildest ride in the wilderness! It’s one of my favorites and I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t enjoy it.
5. The Hall of Presidents – I’m going to tell you up front that some people sleep in this attraction. However, I find it absolutely fascinating. If you’re into history, this is a fabulous attraction for you. Even if you don’t like history it’s a very interesting show. It’s also wonderful if you like technology. The audio-animatronics are incredibly lifelike.
6. Haunted Mansion – One of the only places in the world where grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize. It’s way too fun to miss!
7. Mickey’s PhilharMagic – Another one of my favorites. If you’ve ever dreamed about entering Beauty and the Beast, Fantasia, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Peter Pan, or Aladdin, this is a great attraction for you. It’s super cute.
8. Snow White’s Scary Adventures – Yes, it’s a dark ride. However, you need to ride it before it closes as a part of the Fantasyland expansion project. I’m very sad about this. The two things that do console me is that Walt Disney himself said that the parks would never be finished and that The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be opening as another part of the Fantasyland expansion.
9. Space Mountain – A thrilling coaster that allows you to fly through the stars.
10. Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – Originally part of the 1964 New York World’s Fair, this attraction offers a glimpse at the past. It is the only attraction in Walt Disney World to have a direct physical tie to Walt Disney. It’s also my mom’s favorite attraction.
I hope this post helps all you teens out there who will be visiting the Magic Kingdom soon. As I write this I am shaking with excitement. A week from today we will be landing at MCO! Next week I will be revealing my list of top teen attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Contributed by: Hannah N. (NDT#23) Hannah is the DDL Teens’ Viewpoint Blogger.