“EPCOT will be an experimental prototype community of tomorrow that will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems. And EPCOT will always be a showcase to the world for the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise.”
Epcot is not what Walt Disney envisioned it to be, but it is my favorite park. One of the reasons I love it so much is because it takes two very different things, the future and world culture, and fuses them together. Some teens may think Epcot is boring, but I believe it is a unique experience. Here, in no particular order, are my choices for the top teen attractions in Epcot!
1. Spaceship Earth– It’s absolutely incredible to think about how far technology has advanced over the years.
2. Ellen’s Energy Adventure– So funny! And with all-stars like Ellen DeGeneres, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Alex Trebek, Jamie Lee Curtis, and “Einstein,” how could it not be? I also learned more about energy in this attraction’s 45 minutes than I did in a week of science class. It’s a great thing to do on a hot day.
3. Mission: SPACE– Here’s your chance to be an astronaut!
4. Test Track– Definitely one of my favorite attractions. You’ll want to grab a Fastpass for it, wait in the standby line to ride it, and then use your Fastpass to ride it again later. Be sure to scan your PhotoPass while exiting!
5. Soarin’– This is one of my favorite attractions. It’s the best way to see California.This is another attraction you’ll want to get a Fastpass for because the wait times get long and Fastpasses tend to run out.
6. Living with the Land– I find it fascinating to learn about all of the new advancements in agriculture and aquaculture. It’s also probably the only place where you’ll be able to see a nine-pound lemon or a tomato tree.
7. Captain EO– I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I love Captain EO. It’s a little tacky and a bit cheesy, yet it’s strangely awesome.
8. The Seas with Nemo and Friends– This one always makes me smile. Where else do you get to ride the EAC? You’ll also want to sing along at the end.
9. The American Adventure- A wonderful look at American history. The audioanimatronics are awesome and I’m welling up at the end of almost every show we see.
10. Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros– Very cute. Donald is one of my favorites, so it’s fun to “hunt” for him through Mexico.
It’s not an attraction, but I highly recommend stopping by Club Cool to taste different Coca-Cola products from around the world. Epcot is a great park to wander through, just like the park I’ll be discussing in my next post, the one and only Animal Kingdom!
Contributed by: Hannah N. (NDT#23) Hannah is the DDL Teens’ Viewpoint Blogger.