There is nothing more important than a child’s memories of a great summer. From the beginning of September, the countdown is on until the next coveted Summer Vacation. We are blessed to have 18 summers with our children, so time is of the essence. That’s why a Summer Bucket List is important. A way to help organize your thoughts & visions for your family’s memorable summer. And since we are all NDPs here, I thought we could put a Disney spin on it! I have compiled a list of 100 Disney ways (not all park related) to help make your summer a most memorable one. Split into 4 posts (family, parks, adults & food), I hope they help you show your Disney Side all summer long!
NDP Disney Summer Bucket List – Family Version
- Movie Night – gather your favorite stuffed friends & grab the popcorn. Get the family together for a spectacular movie night adventure. Don’t forget to check out our Family Movie Adventure Night section for some great ideas!
- Game Night – There is nothing like a great family game night. And now, most of your favorite games are also available in a Disney version. From card games, to board games to video games, it’s easy to incorporate this into a summer bucket list 🙂
- Disney PJ Party – Everyone likes a fun PJ party. Plan your favorite snack foods & games, put on some great Disney music & grab your Disney PJs – let the fun begin!
- Disney Sing-A-Long/Karaoke Night – A karaoke machine isn’t necessary for this one. Just grab some great Disney tunes and have your family & friends be the audience! Take turns & sing your movie favorites all night long.
- Disney Costume Party – Everyone likes a summer party. It doesn’t have to be Halloween to dress up & have fun!
- Disney Pool Party – Have a Disney themed pool party! Be sure to include those fun poolside activities that they do at the resorts as well.
- Disney Trivia Contest – You could use a Disney trivia game or make your own. Just search the web for Disney trivia.
- Teen Beach Party Night – I have to admit, I liked Teen Beach Movie. It was good, clean fun. And totally SUMMER! Rock the 60’s with this theme.
- Disney Jr Party – Got toddlers/preschoolers? Have a Disney Jr themed party. Be sure to add the DJ Shuffle to this party mix.
- Rope Drop at the Disney Store – Did you know? The Disney Store does Rope Drop, too! Have you ever been to one before? Read about the daily opening of one store here. Call your local Disney Store for more information.
- Fast Pass Rewards – A great way to hand out incentives this summer! Using a “Fast Pass”, hand these out for exemplary behavior, jobs well done or however you see fit. They could be used for picking out the family movie, staying up past bedtime, special treats, extra pool time, whatever fits your family.
- Disney Bucket List Scrapbook – For all these fun things you are doing this summer, you should have a scrapbook to keep track of it all 🙂
- Virtual Disney Trip – Not able to visit the parks this summer? Want to visit a park you haven’t been to before, but just can’t? Or maybe it’s just a rainy day & you need your Disney fix? Head over to You Tube. There are MANY videos of different rides, attractions & shows from all the different parks at your fingertips. Here is a playlist we started.
- Color Sheet of the day – In most Disney resorts, the smaller cafes have color sheets in a bin for kids to color & display. Feature a new color sheet every day for the little ones to entertain themselves while you make a meal or just for some fun Disney down time.
- Fairy Garden – Create a Fairy Garden. Everyone needs a little extra Pixie Dust 🙂
- Disney Ear Night – Have a Disney Ear night. No ears? No problem! Here are a few links to help you make your own!
- Disney themed Photo Booth – Still have those ears? Have a few extra props? Create a photo booth shoot & show off your Disney Side! Check out how we showed off our Disney Side.
- Read Disney Week – Cuddle up to a great Disney book with the family. Challenge yourselves to read a different Disney book every night!
- Classic Disney Awards Night – Plan an awards night party. Choose categories & nominees from Disney classics every day for a week(for example – Best Pet – Pluto, Figaro, Rajah, Bruno) and have the whole family vote. Then, at the end of the week, plan a red carpet Awards Night Party. If you choose a Best Movie category, be sure to end the evening watching your family’s favorite movie!
- Monsters University Hide & Go Shriek – This great game of hide & seek from Spoonful is a fun way to play with the kids on a daily basis. And super easy, too!
- Disney Classic Live Action Movie – Dust off those VCRs and pull out a classic live action film. Some ideas are – The Apple Dumpling Gang, Flubber(original), Escape to Witch Mountain & The Love Bug. A more detailed list can be found here.
- DDL Kids Club – Be sure to join one of our Kid Club activities coming this summer!
- WYR Disney Style – Create your own version of Would You Rather, Disney Style!
- Disney Care Package – Find a neighbor, a friend, someone who needs a smile & put together a Disney Care Package. Add some Mickey shaped treats, a handmade card or whatever you feel appropriate & share a Disney smile with someone!
- Just Dance Disney Night – Plug in this great Disney video dance game & get in on the fun!
These are just a few ideas to help you create your own Disney Family Summer Bucket List! Check out our Pinterest board, too! Stay tuned, next we will feature a Disney Parks Summer Bucket List!
Have you already created your own Summer Bucket List? What is on it? Which of these ideas will you try?