Why should the kids get all of the fun? Grown-ups look forward to summer & summer vacations, too. That’s why a Summer Bucket List is important. A way to help organize your thoughts & visions for your family’s memorable summer. And since we are all NDPs here, I thought we could put a Disney spin on it! I have compiled a list of 100 Disney ways (not all park related) to help make your summer a most memorable one. Split into 4 posts (family, parks, adults & food), I hope they help you show your Disney Side all summer long!
Disney manicure Give yourself an awesome Disney inspired mani! Jennifer from the Disney Parks Blog shows you how!
- DisneyBound – You may have seen this on Tumblr or Pinterest, but if not, see Leslie Kay’s interview here. Which Disney character will inspire your wardrobe?
- Add a Disney accessory to your day – However simple or elaborate, it’s up to you! Add a jewelry piece to your day or maybe a Disney themed neck-tie! It’s sure to make you (and others, too) smile!
- Travel Disneyland Paris via Google Earth – Walk the park…seriously! Google Earth (<- that is a direct link) offers FANTASTIC 360° views of Disneyland Paris. For more challenging fun, start at the Charles de Gaulle Airport & follow A4 to Disneyland Paris..enjoy your trip ~ from the comfort of your own desk! (warning- turn down your volume before clicking the DL Paris link)
- Drink from a Disney mug – C’mon, you know your favorite morning beverage in a Mickey(or your favorite Disney character) mug/cup is reason enough to smile 🙂 Did you know fellow NDI 132, Elantrice (a previous contributor to the DDL & owner of Diz Thru Brown Eyes) features a recurring Mean Muggin’ Monday segment on her blog? Submit your mug & let her know we sent ya!
- Listen to Disney music in the car – Maybe you are not keen on driving to the soundtrack of Tangled, but Disney Park music can really make you feel like you are there. Check out Park Tunes and see what park music is available on Amazon & iTunes.
- Scrapbook your last Disney trip – It’s never too late to pull out those pictures & put together a great scrap layout from your previous vacation! NDM 30 & Moms Panelist Jackie G. has quite a few great Disney layouts on her blog, Jackie’s Magical Moments.
- Disney care package – Show someone you care, NDP style! Create a pixie-dusted care package for an unsuspecting recipient. Add simple Disney touches or Disney items & make someone’s day extra magical!
- Wear a tiara or mouse ears – Make normal day to day tasks fun by wearing your tiara while you do dishes or sport those mouse ears when making dinner.
- Disney Christmas crafts – Even though they happen at the same time every year, the holidays always seem to creep up on me! Get a head start on your Disney holiday crafts!
- Disney buttons to magnets – A great way to reuse all those fun buttons you collect from the parks! Instructions are here.
- Participate in a Disney Photo challenge – A google search will turn up many different challenges that are available. The one from Your Highway in the Sky presents an undated challenge. Just 30 days of ideas
- Read a non-fiction Disney book – So many new non-fiction books are hitting the shelves to eductate us NDPs in the Disney ways. Books such as : Walt Disney Imagineering, Windows on Main Street, Poster Art of the Disney Parks (A Disney Parks Souvenir Book) or Walt Disney: An American Original (Disney Editions Deluxe) are just a few!
- Have a grown-up Disney party – sample great foods, host a costume contest, trivia games. Let the adults have a time to show off their Disney Side!
- Make towel Mickeys for your bed- Make your bedroom feel like a Disney resort! Take a large bath towel & roll it so you can make a large circle. Then take 2 smaller towels to create the circles for ears. Place these 3 towel circles at the end of your bed. Simple Disney touch ~ now if we could only recreate Mousekeeping…
- Watch an old Disney movie – Swiss Family Robinson, The Absent-Minded Professor, That Darn Cat! – Just a few examples. There is a great list here .Or watch the classics from The Great Movie Ride!
- Disney themed date night – Have a romantic pasta dinner for 2 like in Lady & the Tramp, or maybe a Jolly Holiday picnic from Mary Poppins.
Cocktails – recreate some of your favorite Disney cocktails with a little help from Party Through the Parks. Pina Colava anyone? Or these Disney inspired drinks featured on the Disney Food Blog from Cocktails by Cody. Great for that Grown-Up Disney party, too!
- Post a Disney quote – Find your favorite Disney quote & post it somewhere you will see it every day to inspire you! Share them on social media with your family & friends, too!
- Give your device Disney wallpaper – Disney Parks Blog has just what you are looking for with creative wallpapers for all occasions!
- Watch a Disneynature film – You are never too old to learn something. The movies from Disneynature are incredible. Take a night & explore one!
- Disney trivia- Play a DisneyTrivia game! There are tons out there or make your own up!
- Star Wars movie marathon – You could watch them in numerical order, or as I prefer, chronological order. Add some Star Wars food to the mix(see our May the 4th Pinterest board for ideas) & have an out of this galaxy experience!
- Watch a Disney documentary – A few examples are : Waking Sleeping Beauty, The Boys : The Sherman Brothers Documentary, or Frank & Ollie. An overall list can be found at Disney Movies Guide.
- Plan your next Disney vacation – It’s never too early to start!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board
Have you been following along with our other Bucket Lists? Be sure to check out –