Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
Planes: Fire and Rescue is coming to theaters on July 18th, so let’s relive all the fun we had with Dusty in the first movie.
- Use White and Blue Balloons to create a sky effect.
- Display a globe or hang a world map to represent the Wings Across The Globe Race. Don’t forget to mark the race destinations for a great geography lesson.
- Display Postcards – look ones with pictures of New York, Iceland, Germany, India, Shanghai and Mexico – all destinations for the race.
- Fill a small piece of luggage (child size would be ideal) with paper plates, wrapped utensils, cups, ect. for everyone to help themselves to the Planes finger foods buffet.
- Be sure to get out all of the Planes toys and plush and place them around the room to add to the décor and for play time.
Be sure to visit the Official Planes Movie page for other great games & ideas, too!
- Coloring Pages from Spoonful – coloring is fun for all members of the family. Be sure to display them on the fridge for everyone to see.
- Dusty Paper Airplane from Spoonful – Color this adorable Dusty paper airplane from Spoonful and assemble it for some real family playtime fun.
- Planes Bingo from Lady and the Blog – Bingo is always fun for the entire family, this Planes version is perfect fun before the movie begins.
- Clothes Pin Airplanes from create.craft.love – This cute clothes pin airplane is sturdy enough to be played with long after the movie is over. It’s a fun craft to do with kids – allow them to do as much as they can safely complete. Mom or Dad may need to do the hot gluing to keep little fingers from getting burned.
This week I have focused on fun finger foods, set up a small buffet for everyone to serve themselves.
- Wings – Whether you like them mild and sweet or hot and spicy everyone loves wings – and you can’t have a Plane without wings can you?
- Tacos –Dusty’s friend El Chupacabra is from Mexico, and tacos are an all time favorite Mexican food.
- Corn on the Cob – Dusty’s works as a dust cropper at a cornfield and corn on the cob is a fun choice, especially during the summer when you can buy it fresh from the field.
- Sky Jello – Make you favorite blue colored Jello and create a sky effect using Cool Whip. Here’s a great tutorial from Castles and Carriages.
Have a great time with this movie & let us know what you did to make your Adventure special! Have a movie suggestion for us? Leave a comment Be sure to post any photos on our DDL FB Group !
If you’ve seen me on the web you already know there’s nothing I love more than planning Disney parties, but I love everything Disney from the history to the theme parks to the movies. I also have a true passion for planning Disney vacations as a travel professional for WDW Guru Travel. I can sometimes be sarcastic, but always helpful, and a mostly entertaining Disney Fanatic!! A true Alabama girl, born and raised, I live with my husband, Mike, and son, Dakota on a 150 acre farm in Troy that’s been in my husband’s family since before the Civil War. My daughter, Ashley, lives in Clarksville, TN with her husband, Eric, and their kids Lexi & Tripp. If you we ever get to meet in person, you will find a genuine Southern accent, the overuse of affectionate terms like “Honey”, “Sugar”, and “Darlin” and an uncontrollable need to dote over everybody.