Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience
NDPs, I know what we are doing on Saturday!
Saturday, July 26th marks a night in Summer 2014 history. Disney Channel premieres a very exciting one hour special featuring everyone’s favorite platypus (Perry the Rebelpus, actually) in Phineas & Ferb : Star Wars! Having the Neurotic Disney/Star Wars family that I do, this kind of thing calls for a party!
- Pull out those Star Wars toys! Who says a TIE Fighter can’t be a table centerpiece?
- Make these adorable Lightsaber Napkin Wraps
- Since this is an inter-galactic party, black is in. Black tablecloth covers work
- R2D2 Cups – these are amazing – and easy, too
- Lightsaber Straws – for your cups
- Star Wars music – no party would be complete without the Imperial March!
- Star Wars Color Sheets from Spoonful
- Star Wars Preschool Printable Pack – Have a younger preschooler in the mix? Even though the movie is at a later showing (9 pm), little ones do not need to feel left out! They can have some party fun before bedtime.
- Lego Building Contest – Use these Chris McVeigh building guides & build your own ornament sized versions of Star Wars ships!
- Star Wars Books – There are lots of great Star Wars books. Reading is a great activity.
- The official Phineas & Ferb : Star Wars site has 2 games – Droid Masters & Agent P – Rebel Spy
- Watch “Star Wars Episode IV – A New Hope” prior to the Phineas & Ferb special.
- Yoda Soda, Padawan Punch & Blue Milk – It’s a lot easier than it sounds! Yoda Soda is simply lime sherbet & lemon-lime soda. Padawan Punch is just a fancy name for fruit punch. Blue Milk is, well, blue milk! A few drops of food coloring will do the trick!
- Sisters Shopping on a Shoestring has a great party food line up! Easy party foods with super sounding galactic names – Jabba the Hot Dog, Stormtrooper Stromboli – the list goes on!
- Mama Grubbs Grub – has another fantastic list of creatively named inter-galactic foods – desserts included!
- Death Star Popcorn Balls – found on Spoonful
These are just a few of the ways you can celebrate your night! Be sure to check out our Pinterest board, May the Fourth Be With You for lots of other great Star Wars activities. Have a great time Saturday night (9:00 p.m., ET/PT). If you should miss it Saturday night, no worries! “Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars” is available on WATCH Disney Channel for verified users and Disney XD On Demand. It will also be available for purchase on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video Store, Microsoft Xbox and Google Play on Sunday, July 27. There will be an encore presentation on Monday, August 4th on Disney XD’s Star Wars-themed Night(7:30 pm, ET/PT) with an extended first look at “Star Wars Rebels” immediately following.
Let us know if you watched it & what you thought!
A Disney blooded, crafty, fun-lovin’ wife/mom/organizer/planner, etc who is obsessed with all things Disney 🙂 Maria grew up with the Magic Kingdom and has loved watching WDW evolve into what it is today. A firm believer in the Power of Pixie Dust, she is the owner of The Disney Driven Life – A Community for Neurotic Disney People & a d.i.y. crafty blog, Carousel of Projects – create~inspire~share.