Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
Last week, we told you about ABCFamily Funday – a night of back-to-back Disney movies on Saturday, August 16th. I figured, it couldn’t hurt to throw out some ideas to make your “Funday” even “funner”(yes, in this case, ‘funner’ is an acceptable word). There are 4 movies featured – Mulan(6pm), Tangled(8pm), The Little Mermaid(10pm), and Pocahontas(11:45pm). So let’s have Movie Night!
- The Little Mermaid color scheme is light blue, purple, green & red. Choose light blue table covers to represent the sea. You could accent the table ware with the purple.
- Add feathers & leaves to the table to represent Pocahontas..
- These Paper Lanterns from Tangled are beautiful.
- Cute Paper Fortune Cookies from It’s Written on the Wall are a fun addition (Mulan).
- Felty Friend Sebastian from DisneyFamily.com is a great project to do together! Or these Paper Bowl Jellyfish from First Palette are great for younger children.
- Rapunzel loved to paint. Hang long sheets of paper on a wall & let your little artists(or the big ones, too!) create a mural.
- Create Mulan out of Perler beads (picture only – use as a template)
- This Rainstick from Scholastic is fun to shake & make sounds with.
- For a fun & easy dinner, serve chinese food!
- To represent Tangled, try the Braided Bread from Love the Day
- The Clam Cookies from Pink Tea are perfect for under the sea!
- Since Pocahontas is on at 11:45 at night, let’s have some big people fun- try this awesome cocktail creation – One With Nature from Cocktails by Cody(facebook link)
Have a great time with this movie & let us know what you did to make your Adventure special! Have a movie suggestion for us? Leave a comment Be sure to post any photos on our DDL FB Group !
A Disney blooded, crafty, fun-lovin’ wife/mom/organizer/planner, etc who is obsessed with all things Disney 🙂 Maria grew up with the Magic Kingdom and has loved watching WDW evolve into what it is today. A firm believer in the Power of Pixie Dust, she is the owner of The Disney Driven Life – A Community for Neurotic Disney People & a d.i.y. crafty blog, Carousel of Projects – create~inspire~share.