Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
Last month, ABC Family hosted its first “Funday”, back to back family movies where the fun is not limited to just to the television! ABC Family has a brand new Funday for September! Funday includes a website that you can add fun images to your own photos! Photos that are submitted could win a “Funday viewing party” kit! This month, the new featured movies are Despicable Me (6:30 PM), Brave (8:30), The Princess and the Frog (10:30) and Dumbo (12:30). These movies will repeat on Sunday. Let’s get started!
- Dumbo has a circus theme. Reds and yellows are a perfect color scheme to go with this collection of movies.
- Grab those extra Mardi Gras beads! They are a fun way to represent The Princess and the Frog.
- Grab your stuffed bears! Merida’s brothers enjoy a party, too!
- These yellow balloons decorated with fun faces look just like Minions!
- Dumbo could fly – and so can these paper airplanes from Spoonful!
- Mardi Gras masks are fun and easy to decorate!
- These mini arrows could easily be recreated with straws and construction paper.
- Print out these Minion goggles and create your own Minion soda bottle bowling set!
- The Princess and the Frog was set in New Orleans. Red Beans & Rice or Gumbo would be perfect!
- Merida’s brothers turned into cute bears when they ate the tart. Fill bowls or mason jars with teddy bear shaped cookies.
- Movie nights need popcorn! (Dumbo)
- These shrunken moon cake pops or Minion mini cakes from One Lucky Pickle are fun!
Have a great time with this movie & let us know what you did to make your Adventure special! Have a movie suggestion for us? Leave a comment Be sure to post any photos on our DDL FB Group !
A Disney blooded, crafty, fun-lovin’ wife/mom/organizer/planner, etc who is obsessed with all things Disney 🙂 Maria grew up with the Magic Kingdom and has loved watching WDW evolve into what it is today. A firm believer in the Power of Pixie Dust, she is the owner of The Disney Driven Life – A Community for Neurotic Disney People & a d.i.y. crafty blog, Carousel of Projects – create~inspire~share.