Can you believe that 2015 is just a few days away? Where has the year gone? Yesterday, I shared the happenings and wonderful festivities at Walt Disney World for New Year’s Eve. But let’s be realistic…not everyone can make it to the Happiest Place on Earth to celebrate. Tragic, and sad, I know. So, what is a Disney fan to do when you just can’t be in the motherland?
You throw a Disney Side New Year’s party, of course!
Disney Family has some great ideas and printables to help make your evening magical. With a little creativity, you can add simple Disney touches to your celebration, and this year, with the help of Disney Parks Blog, you can even watch “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks LIVE! So let’s get started and bring a little Disney to your New Year’s celebration!
Get the Party Started:
- This Mickey & Minnie Happy New Year Banner is perfect to bring a smile to everyone in the room!
- Need to add something “shiny” to your party? This Mickey Mouse New Year’s Glitter Ball Mobile is a perfect, simple addition.
- Everyone likes New Year’s hats! Thanks to Disney Family, you have three to choose from. Ring in the New Year with Minnie & Daisy’s New Year crown, Mickey’s New Year Celebration Top Hat, or Mickey’s New Year Celebration Hat.
Fun Party Ideas:
- These Mickey’s New Year’s Eve Countdown Bags are sure to bring the fun to the party. Have a gift bag ready for every hour (or half hour), and set the time for the bag to be opened. Fill the bag with different, fun New Year activities to do. Some examples are blowing bubbles, making cupcakes, snack time, or simply putting on your party hats.
- Make a time capsule, a fun activity that you can put together and relive the following year. Add items to help you remember what the year was like and these printables will help –> Getting to Know You from Inkablinka, All About Me from Mommycoddle, or this simple All About Me from Guildcraft Arts & Crafts. You can also use these as inspiration and create your own Disney version.
- Mickey’s New Year Wish List is a great way to discuss New Year’s resolutions and show off your Disney Side, too! This fun printable showcases Mickey in his best attire, top hat and all. These would be great to have the whole family fill out, and then hold on to them until next year for your time capsule.
A great party needs food:
- Catch My Party showcased a Mickey party, complete with Mickey shaped lunch meat and bread. Easy to do with a Mickey shaped cookie cutter!
- Who doesn’t like Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie treats? Easy finger food is always fun at New Year’s, and these Mickey shaped treats from Merryweather’s Cottage are a perfect fit!
- Mindy from Inspired by Dis showcased a Disney inspired wedding that featured cake pops displayed in the shape of a Mickey head.
- No Mickey Mouse cookie cutters? No problem! Try these Mickey Oreos from Magical Recipes.
- These Best Ever Mickey Mouse Butter Cookies from Carousel of Projects look amazing. And, the recipe is from DDL Contributor & NDM, Lucinda!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest board, A Disney New Year at Home, too! Just remember, no matter what you do, have fun! Happy New Year!!
Follow The Disney Driven Life’s board A Disney New Year at Home on Pinterest.