Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
ABC Family Funday is back! Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to get back to normal and have some fun! For the month of January, ABC Family has chosen these fun, family favorites for Saturday, January 10th: Alvin & the Chipmunks (5:30 pm), Monsters,Inc (7:30 pm), Finding Nemo (9:30 pm) and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (12 am). These movies will repeat again on Sunday. See our previous post for times. Be sure to visit http://www.fundayapp.com for more fun! Let’s get started!
- Since Alvin & the Chipmunks were all about the music, why not add a few blow up guitars and microphones to your party? Fun, easy and great for when little ones want to play along with the band!
- Catch My Party featured a unique idea. Take photos of all your party attendees and create a “Scarer of the Month” wall.
- From My Home shares a photo of blue balloons with fish (Nemo) hanging from the string. Simple & easy!
- Not only does this sponge-toss game look like gobstoppers, it looks like total fun! Easy instructions from Mombot will help you recreate these.
- Mom Junction has a great selection of free Alvin & the Chipmunks coloring sheets. Great for passing the time before dinner & the movie!
- Here’s a “Pin the Eye on Mike” printable that would make a fun game before the movie.
- The Suburban Mom shows how to make cute jellyfish in this tutorial. Kids could have fun decorating.
- Hold a “Golden Ticket” contest. Use gold paper to create your “ticket” and wrap it around a candy bar. Rewrap the candy. Be sure to have a prize for the Golden Ticket holder! You could use mini bars for the ticket contest and offer a full size bar as the prize.
- The Chipmunks’ favorite food was toaster waffles. Serve these up with chicken for a savory treat or with ice cream for a chipmunk-tastic dessert!
- Hostess With The Mostest planned a scare-ific Monsters, Inc party. Check out all of her great food ideas! Simple, cost-friendly, and very creative!
- Love the Day featured a Finding Nemo birthday party with great ideas. Love the triangular cut cheese labeled as Shark Teeth!
- These edible teacups from sheknows are adorable and perfect for Willy Wonka!