Magic Kingdom celebrates the beginning of summer with an All-Nighter
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – (May 22, 2015) – Just before sunrise today at Walt Disney World Resort, Frozen faves Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and the lovable Olaf joined Magic Kingdom guests and beloved Disney Characters from Main Street, U.S.A. to kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” 24-hour event. The around-the-clock party at Magic Kingdom, which goes from 6 a.m., May 22 to 6 a.m., May 23, 2015 marks the official start of summer.
The party gets even cooler with Disney Character encounters, dance parties, special entertainment, event merchandise, cool tasty treats and visits by Disney Channel and Disney XD stars throughout the 24 hours. Plus, starting today in conjunction with the 24-hour event and the “Coolest Summer Ever” guests can enter for a chance to win a Walt Disney World Resort package that includes a night’s stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite – the ultimate summer sleepover! To find out more, visit www.coolestdisneysummer.com.
Some highlights of the 24 hour bash:
- #INCREDIBLESSuperDanceParty at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland at 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- “Festival of Fantasy” parade at noon and 3 p.m. Favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars appear as honorary Grand Marshals at the 3 p.m. parade.
- Main Street Electrical Parade featuring a Frozen Fantasy pre-parade celebration at 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.
- Move It! Shake it! Dance and Play It! Street Party will take place at 9:30 a.m. and 5:40 p.m.
- Previews of upcoming Disney Channel films and music videos, plus a DJ will spin tunes as Disney Channel hosts the new “Club Chill” party zone in Tomorrowland from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. with some of guests’ favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars
- “Frozen” movie screening at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland from midnight-5 a.m.
A live Magic Cam feed will allow fans from home to join in the celebration to catch glimpses of parades, shows and fireworks at select times during the event.
Plus, guests who have ever dreamed of riding Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in the wee hours now have their chance. Other around-the-clock surprises in store during the celebration include late-night dance parties hosted by characters donning pajamas in Frontierland and the Castle Hub, plus chalk artists, and tasty “Frozen” treats to keep guests cool as the magic continues through the night.
Just the Beginning
The All-Nighter is just the beginning of summertime fun. During the “Coolest Summer Ever,” with Olaf as the official host, Walt Disney World Resort guests can get their cool on all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks.
- Frozen Fun – Frozen Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional with an all-new float just for Elsa, and immersive experiences such as a brand new sing-along celebration, rocking dance party, plus a nightly Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.
- Cool Thrill Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. The fun includes favorite such as Splash Mountain, Mission: SPACE, Test Track presented by Chevrolet, Expedition Everest and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
- Star Wars Weekends – The event features Star Wars characters roaming Disney’s Hollywood Studios for meet-and-greet opportunities, star conversations with Star Wars celebrities, a Star Wars motorcade through the park, interactive activities, exclusive merchandise and more on weekends, May 15-June 14.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, including a fresh summery twist to a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty, featuring new performances at the American Gardens Theatre.
- A Splash at Disney’s Water Parks – Fans of the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie “Teen Beach 2” can beat the heat and enjoy the “Teen Beach 2:” Beach Party at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, featuring a DJ spinning retro tunes, beach-themed games, hula hoop contests and more May 22 through July 5. And there’s cool fun in store for guests visiting Disney’s Blizzard Beach, with thrilling attractions such as Summit Plummet, one of the world’s tallest and fastest free-fall slides.
For more information, visit Disneyworld.com/CoolestSummerEver. On-site guests can tag their photos and videos with #Disney24 or #CoolestSummer.
* NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Coolest Summer Disney Side Contest begins 12:00:00 AM ET on May 22, 2015 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on June 14, 2015. Open to eligible legal residents of 50 U.S./D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are at least 18 years old or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec, elsewhere and where prohibited. Click on Official Rules for details on entry instructions, judging criteria, prize details, restrictions, etc. Total ARV of all prizes is: USD $25,122.56 / CAD $30,568.60. Sponsor: Disney Destinations, LLC, P.O. Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. ©Disney