When planning a wedding, the true Disney geek will want to include the fandom in their big day. Don’t want to wear Mickey ears or a dress like Cinderella? How about giving away your favourite Disney Parks Snack as your wedding favour ? It’s an easy way to showcase your love of the parks in a subtle way.
These “Mickey Cookie Bars” from Roaring Forks and Riverside Mill are perfect. They are simple to make, not expensive and can be easily placed in a little clear bag with a ribbon of your choice. Your guests will love them because they taste good, and because of the extra thought that went into them.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
0.5 cup melted butter
6 ounces chocolate chips
1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
6 ounces butterscotch chips
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Spray the bottom and sides of a 13×9 inch pan. Some instructions will say lightly spray, but the condensed milk makes it stick to the sides, so I say give the dish a good coating.
3. Spread the graham cracker crumbs over the pan and combine with melted butter. Pat the mixture into the bottom of the pan until it is evenly layered.
4. Cover graham/butter mixture with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut.
5. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over dish. Make sure to cover completely.
6. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over contents. Disney also sprinkles mini M&M’s. I might have forgotten to do that step for the pictures…
Please leave me any questions or comments! You can also contact me at @gentweeting on Twitter or www.genpell.com!