It’s the Disney Driven Week In Review! We understand that life keeps you busy, so here is a list of what you may have missed!
Have you been counted? Sign up today & get counted! We are also a part of Networked Blogs & Bloglovin’! Get our posts delivered to your inbox daily or weekly! Sign up information below.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Becomes Highest Grossing Domestic Film of All-Time – With early box office results in, Star Wars: The Force Awakens became the highest grossing film of all time in the domestic market, surpassing the $760.5M lifetime gross of Avatar in a record-shattering 20 days of release.
- Brazilian Costa Pulls Off “Three-Peat” at Walt Disney World Marathon – Fredison Costa notches third straight 26.2-mile victory at Disney; Orlando area’s Natasha Yaremczuk claims her first women’s title; More than 100,000 runners and fans take part in the four-day runDisney event.
- Walt Disney Archives Restores Walt Disney’s Office Suite As Permanent Exhibit Space – The Walt Disney Company Chairman and CEO Bob Iger, joined by members of the Disney family, dedicated Walt Disney’s newly restored office suite on the Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank.
- Disney and ABC Raise Awareness of the Importance of Reading with Nonprofit First Book Through ‘MAGIC OF STORYTELLING’ Campaign – Disney and ABC are inviting consumers to join the fourth annual “Magic of Storytelling” campaign through a number of activities between now and March 31, 2016, including the first annual Disney Reads Day on February 6, 2016.
- Artist’s Rendering Reveals New Look Coming to Rivers of America in Disneyland Park – The ongoing expansion of Disneyland park includes plans for a beautiful new waterfront in Frontierland, along the north bank of the Rivers of America.
- An Alice In Wonderland Nursery – NDM Aleisha shares her Disney’s Alice in Wonderland inspired nursery!
- Disney Junior’s “Elena of Avalor” Announces Additional Casting – Later this year, Princess Elena of Avalor, the first Disney princess inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore, will make her debut!
- Our Journey Begins with an Awakening – Wordless Wednesday – This week, NDM Lucinda steps into a galaxy far, far away to experience the new Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Disney Launches New Merchandise Celebrating Iconic Characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Disney revealed details of new Star Wars: The Force Awakens products kept under wraps to preserve surprises for fans.
- Disney’s THE JUNGLE BOOK- New Poster Now Available! – See the Disney tale come to life in the brand new triptych poster for The Jungle Book!
- Some Things Never Change – Throwback Thursday – NDM Kelley shows us that even Main Street, USA had an 80’s flair! See her beautiful memory from a very 1980’s Main Street USA.
- For the First Time in Forever: Olaf to Join Sofia; “Frozen” to Air on Disney Channel – Disney’s “FROZEN,” for the first time in forever will be on DISNEY CHANNEL, SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14 & Olaf will make a special appearance on “Sofia the First” Monday, February 15 on Disney Channel and Disney Junior!
- Season 2 of “The 7D” on Disney XD Features Famous Voices You Won’t Want to Miss – Notable guest stars join season two of “The 7D,” a comedic take on the Seven Dwarfs, beginning SATURDAY, JANUARY 23 (9:30 a.m., ET/PT) on Disney XD.
- Be on the Lookout for these runDisney Runners at Disneyland’s Star Wars Half! – The Force is awakening as more than 30,000 runners from across the United States and 28 countries unite for the second annual Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend at the Disneyland Resort.
- Kohl’s “OFFICIAL OSCARS® CHALLENGE” Sweepstakes Could Bring More Disney Into Your Life – Kohl’s is offering a sweepstakes starting now. The grand prize is a trip to the Oscars. One runner-up will receive a trip to LA for a Walt Disney movie event! But, 24 other winners will receive smaller prizes which all involve a Kohl’s gift card!
HAVE YOU BEEN COUNTED?
To become an official member of the Neurotic Disney Community please send an e-mail with your first name, last initial, the title you need, and home state as well as your twitter name if you have one. This information should be sent to: becounted AT thedisneydrivenlife DOT com
Titles available are :
You should receive your title and designated number within 2-3 weeks and will be “officially” welcomed in the following month’s post. Thanks for your patience!
Be sure to follow us for all the latest news on: