Difficulty: Super Easy (with parental help)
Source: www.disneycooking.com (originally from the cookbook “A Merry Christmas Cookbook” by Christina Garces)
I can sit here and lie to you. I can tell you when I do my holiday baking I strive to create tiny complicated masterpieces. Dishes that would wow Gordon Ramsey. Yet that would all be fibbing.
What I’m really looking to create is something quick, cheap, and just looks fancy. Of course, I want the desserts also to taste mouth-watering goodness. I just don’t have hours to make it happen.
Here is a super quick recipe from a Disney holiday cookbook. It looks impressive, tastes great, and is super easy to make.
What you need:
- 1 pound white chocolate (chips)
- 1/2 cup Candy Canes (crushed)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
How to make it:
- Take your baking sheet and cover it in parchment paper or aluminum foil. Do this first because you won’t have time once the white chocolate is melted later.
- There are two ways to melt the white chocolate chips. The first is to use a double boil. Place the chips in the top of the double boiler over medium to low heat. Stirring the chips often. The second method is to place the chips in a bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over a cooking sheet and spread evenly with a spoon/spatula.
- Immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes and marshmallows over the chocolate.
- Place pan/mixture in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Break into pieces before serving
Note: To crush candy canes, place them in a large ziplock bag, seal and crush with rolling pin. Well, that’s how the official cookbook tells you to do it. I tried it, got annoyed, and chose a different method. I place the bag in a separate bag (so there is no worry about the bag opening) and smashed the bag on the ground with my feet.. shhh, don’t tell my family.
Looking for more Disney Recipes? Check back here on Disney Driven Life for new recipes every month. Or, just check out the authors Disney Recipe site at www.Disneycooking.com.