Updated Content Slate Features Videos from Maker Studios Network Talent Including Action Movie Kid, ForrestFire101 and LuzuGames
Disney XD and Maker Studios released eight new videos from its content and talent incubation program, Disney XD by Maker, across Disney XD digital platforms – including the Disney XD app for desktop, mobile and connected TV devices and YouTube.com/DisneyXD. Additionally, 10 videos that were previously released on YouTube, which have garnered over 5 million views to date, are also available on the Disney XD app.
Disney XD by Maker content includes a wide-range of storytelling and production styles including unscripted gaming and sports-related shows, comedy-driven scripted musicals and adventures and scripted animation. Select programs are also available in Spanish on the respective creators’ platforms.
Disney XD by Maker features some of the most prominent stars in Maker Studios’ network of creators including EvanTubeHD (The Fixits), Random Encounters (Resident Enis 2), Patrick Boivin (The Aquacats), CaptainSparklez (CaptainSparklez Skate Challenge), ZexyZek (The Not Too Bad Show), as well as up-and-coming talent and creators through the Maker Offers product.
Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD, said, “Disney XD is proud to partner with each of these talented creators. Their bold and innovative storytelling provides our audience with fresh, original content offerings on our digital platforms.”
“We developed this program with the idea of providing our exceptionally talented roster of creators with the resources to make the best digital short-form content, and that includes a way to get it to a broad audience,” said Chris M. Williams, head of channels, Maker Studios. “We’re excited to move into the next phase of the program and the distribution of these great videos onto Disney XD’s platforms.”
New content from leading online creators includes:
- “The Adventures of Luzu and Manolo” (Spanish/English; LuzuGames): Luzu and Manolo The Pig view each other as a tasty snack, but before they can turn each other into dinner they find themselves in the middle of the Skeleton Apocalypse and must battle for their lives – they decide to put aside their appetites and join forces – for now.
- “Eames and Barry” (Forrestfire101): A manatee named Eames and a capybara named Barry star as two rookie detectives solving mysteries in 1950s Boston in this noir-inspired comedic thriller.
- “Natalia’s and Mayden’s Vida Loca” (Spanish/English; ExpCaseros): Inventors Natalia, Mayden, and their cat Archimede accidentally cause their entire town to turn into a hybrid cat-human-zombie horde, and experience a series of mishaps while searching for a cure to the madness.
- “Agent Smarty Pants” (Action Movie Kid): A kid becomes the accidental owner of a special military-grade pair of “smart pants.” The pants develop a life of their own and take control of his lower body, forcing him to deal with yet another issue on top of his normal teenage problems. Will he ever be free of the controlling trousers?
Content from emerging creators via the Maker Offers platform include:
- “Dream Gig” (Albert Lawrence): Join host Albert Lawrence as he takes featured guests on adventures that place them in the heart of the career paths they are most curious about.
- “Growing Up Viral” (Nicholas Grava): A teenager learns the ups and downs of becoming “internet famous” after a video of him receiving a loving smooch from his grandmother goes viral.
- “Jack of All Trades” (Cininima): Jack has just moved to a new town and a new school when he discovers an amulet that grants him special powers.
- “Travel-sized Adventures” (Daniel Florez): Imagine being stuck on a 50-state road trip with your zany family! Join Nathan, an average 10-year-old introvert whose parents force him to put away his beloved video games and get outside to see the world. Along the way, he learns all about the United States – and himself!
Disney XD by Maker is a collaboration between Disney XD and Maker Studios designed to search for and develop the next generation of creators for DisneyXD.com, the Disney XD app and original television series pilots for Disney XD cable and satellite channels around the world. Disney XD by Maker incubates content with Maker’s leading creators and also utilizes the Maker Offers platform to allow up-and-coming creators worldwide to participate. Disney XD by Maker talent and content may also be developed further into television pilots for Disney XD.