THE 100TH DISNEY CHANNEL ORIGINAL MOVIE, ‘ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING,’ PREMIERES FRIDAY, JUNE 24, ON DISNEY CHANNEL
A 10-Minute Preview will be Available Friday, June 3
The 100th Disney Channel Original Movie, “Adventures in Babysitting,” starring popular actresses and recording artists Sabrina Carpenter (“Girl Meets World”) and Sofia Carson (“Descendants”), premieres FRIDAY, JUNE 24 (8:00 p.m. EDT), on Disney Channel. The re-imagined tale of the popular 1980s film of the same name will be available one week in advance, Friday, June 17, to verified users on the Disney Channel app and via VOD. The premiere of “Adventures in Babysitting” will be ushered in by the “100th DCOM Celebration,” a nostalgic programming event across Disney Channel, the Disney Channel App and VOD featuring every DCOM ever made.
The “Adventures in Babysitting” premiere telecast is sponsored by Post Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles. It will be followed by the premiere of Disney Channel’s new comedy series “Bizaardvark.”
In a heartfelt story that celebrates individuality, friendship and self-empowerment, the live-action adventure comedy made for kids, tweens and families, pays homage to the 1980s classic with familiar references and iconic scenes.
Hollywood Records recording artists Carpenter and Carson perform the movie’s end credit song “Wild Side,” produced by Jens Koerkemeier, Emanuel Kiriakou and Andrew Goldstein.
“Adventures in Babysitting,” unfolds when Jenny Parker (Sabrina Carpenter) and Lola Perez (Sofia Carson), two teen girls with distinctly different personalities, each interview for a coveted photography internship and accidently swap phones. When the Anderson family calls Jenny’s phone looking for a last-minute babysitter, audacious Lola, in need of some extra cash, picks up and nominates herself. Meanwhile, dependable Jenny is already set to babysit the Cooper family for the evening. Unfortunately, Lola’s first attempt at babysitting takes an unforeseen turn when one of the Anderson kids sneaks out to go to a concert. Jenny, determined to protect her reputation, and Lola with the remaining kids in tow, head out and have the adventure of a lifetime during one magical night in the big city.
The Disney Channel Original Movie also stars Nikki Hahn as introverted teen Emily Cooper, Mallory James Mahoney as young fashionista Katy Cooper, Max Gecowets as the rebellious Trey Anderson, Jet Jurgensmeyer as chef wunderkind Bobby Anderson, Madison Horcher as roller derby fanatic Alison “AJ” Anderson and Kevin Quinn (Disney Channel’s “BUNK’D”) as Jenny’s crush Zac Chase.
“Adventures in Babysitting” is directed by John Schultz (“Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer,” “Like Mike”) and written by Tiffany Paulsen (“Nancy Drew”). The movie is executive-produced by Michelle Manning (“Teen Beach 2,” “The Breakfast Club”) and Chuck Minsky is the director of photography (“The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement,” “Mother’s Day”).
The “Adventures in Babysitting” multi-platform schedule in the U.S. is:
FRIDAY, MAY 20
- The digital single for “Wild Side,” the movie’s end credit song performed by Carpenter and Carson, will be available for purchase. A lyric video for the song will also premiere on Disney Channel.
FRIDAY, JUNE 3
- An exclusive preview of the first 10 minutes of the movie will be available on the Disney Channel and Freeform Apps and via Disney Channel YouTube and Facebook.
FRIDAY, JUNE 17
- Advance viewing of “Adventures in Babysitting” available on VOD and to verified users on the Disney Channel app for smartphones, tablets and connected TVs.
FRIDAY, JUNE 24
- Television premiere of “Adventures in Babysitting” (8:00 p.m. EDT) on Disney Channel.
SATURDAY, JUNE 25
- “Adventures in Babysitting” is available for purchase on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video and Google Play.
TUESDAY, JUNE 28
- “Adventures in Babysitting” is available on DVD at retailers nationwide. The DVD includes exclusive bloopers and a complimentary magnetic photo frame.