Disney Movie Nights – they are just traditional. They usually involve pj’s, favorite snacks, blankets & stuffed friends. But, in changing times, there is a new concept of movie night…themed movie nights. I love this concept for so many reasons. It is more than just watching a movie. You can include themed activities, food, & decorations. Our whole family becomes involved. From planning, to decorating, to clean-up, it is a true example of teamwork & a great bonding experience.
It’s summer time. That means longer days, and later bedtimes. Looking for something fun to share with your family? How about a Family Movie Night with one of our favorites, Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph! Wreck-It Ralph is a great movie for all – the video gamers, the princesses, the not-so princesses, and even the 80’s loving parents. One of our favorite activities from the DVD/Blu-Ray was the bonus feature that showcased hidden gems in the movie every time you hit the pause button!
You could go a couple different ways here. Pick a favorite scene from the movie to recreate (the party the characters had before Ralph leaves, Game Central Station, Sugar Rush game) or mix them all together. A tablecloth with a brick pattern could represent the building in Wreck-It Ralph. Colorful streamers could represent Sugar Rush.
- Print off these cute coloring pages from Disney Family’s website and use them as placemats during your meal.
- This activity can be a double duty one. Let the kids build their own race car from snacks then they can eat their creations during the movie with the directions from Disney Family. Momma’s Playground made their race cars out of healthier options.
- I love the medals Tangled in Wonderland created for their movie night! Every hero needs a medal.
- The science experiment featuring Mentos and diet soda is always a fun one. Vanellope lives in Diet Cola Mountain, which, of course has a layer of Mentos on top. The falling of the Mentos into the soda is what creates the ‘explosions’ during the movie. This is definitely an outdoor activity.
- Mom Plus Mouse had hero sandwiches on their movie night menu.
- Since Fix-It Felix loves pie, you could serve any kind of pie – pot pie, fruit pie, key-lime pie – you get the idea!
- A candy bar would absolutely win over any child for this movie night – but you don’t have to go all out! No one needs to actually experience a ‘sugar rush’ during the movie night! You could feature just a small amount of a few candies that were showcased in the movie: peppermint, Laffy Taffy, Nesquick, Mentos. But I’m sure that no child will deny anything offered on a candy bar!
No matter what you do, remember to have fun.
” I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that’s not bad, there’s no one I’d rather be than me”- Wreck-It Ralph
It was love at first sight for Lynn. From the first moment she stepped foot in the Magic Kingdom she knew she’d found where she was meant to be. Many trips have followed that first back in February 2008 and each trip brings new and exciting adventures with her three amazing kids and husband. Lynn is also the owner of My Pixie Dust Diary.