Disney announced Destination: Disney Style, a new YouTube series taking viewers on a trip around the globe to explore the unique ways its characters and stories are interpreted through fashion. The five-part original series is hosted by YouTube influencers announced LaurDIY, Jaleesa Moses, Meredith Foster and Lucy & Lydia and gives fans a glimpse of recent international Disney collaborations, street style and trends in multiple fashion capitals.
Each episode comes from an international city and looks at how local designers, fans and fashionistas put their own twist on Disney style:
- Tokyo Disney Street Style (Aug 2) – LaurDIY gets an insider’s look at Disney Expo Japan 2016, Tokyo Disneyland® and Tokyo DisneySea®, plus explores the way the renowned Harajuku Girls incorporate Disney into their Tokyo street style looks
- Shanghai Fashion Week (Aug 9) – Jaleesa Moses gets a front row seat for the shows featuring Minnie Mouse-inspired designs from Chinese fashion designers Ji Cheng, Lulu Han, Makin Ma and Cindy Soong
- Disney x Coach (Aug 16) – This Mickey Mouse collection is flying off shelves and popping up in NYC street style; Meredith Foster meets the creative force behind the collaboration
- London Calling (Aug 23) – London-based Lucy & Lydia are on the VIP list for the launch of the Disney x Cath Kidston collection and explore some distinctly British Disney street style
- Finding Pixar Fashion (Aug 30) – LaurDIY gets an early look at the upcoming Disney•Pixar x Forever 21 collection”From the catwalk in Shanghai to the sidewalk in New York, this new series sees YouTube’s biggest fashion stars explore what Disney style means around the globe,” said Josh Silverman, EVP Global Licensing at Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. “Fashion and pop culture collide in such creative ways, and it’s incredible how fans infuse their favorite Disney characters into daily looks to make a truly personal style statement.”
Destination: Disney Style launches on the Disney Style YouTube channel on Tuesday, August 2. The first episode features lifestyle and DIY YouTube star LaurDIY as she explores the fashion world in Tokyo including street style, the Tsum Tsum phenomenon, Disney Expo Japan 2016, Tokyo Disney Resort® and more. Check out the Tokyo episode and sneak peek at the upcoming season here.
“Filming this series was an absolute blast,” commented Lauren Riihimaki aka LaurDIY. “It was my first time in Tokyo and it was so cool to experience all the Disney style around the city – especially around Harajuku!”
Tune in to new episodes every Tuesday at 10am PT throughout the month of August. Started in 2013, Disney Style has quickly amassed a social footprint of more than 1.8M, with 1.7M unique monthly viewers to the Disney Style blog as the ultimate destination for everything Disney fashion, lifestyle, shopping, celebrity news and beauty.
Connect with Disney Style and show your Disney Style using #DisneyStyle
From Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, to Disney•Pixar’s Finding Dory and The Jungle Book, Disney characters and stories continue to inspire designers and artists around the world. In the last year alone, Disney Consumer Products has collaborated with Coach, Kate Spade, Trina Turk, Sephora, Vans and Kenzo to put their unique spin on iconic characters.
A Disney blooded, crafty, fun-lovin’ wife/mom/organizer/planner, etc who is obsessed with all things Disney 🙂 Maria grew up with the Magic Kingdom and has loved watching WDW evolve into what it is today. A firm believer in the Power of Pixie Dust, she is the owner of The Disney Driven Life – A Community for Neurotic Disney People & a d.i.y. crafty blog, Carousel of Projects – create~inspire~share.