With the emergence of Disney Springs as a world-class shopping destination, merchants throughout the retail, dining and entertainment district are taking part in that great American tradition of holiday shopping: Black Friday on Nov. 25, 2016.
In fact, the fun is being extended to a second day, Saturday, Nov. 26.
More than 60 stores are planning special Black Friday sales and promotions. And children of all ages will have a chance to meet Santa as early as 8 a.m.
While supplies last, World of Disney and other Marketplace favorites will offer special savings on popular items, such as Vera Bradley “Midnight with Mickey” hipster bags for $24.99 at Marketplace Co-Op. Star Wars fans will find Storm Trooper Action Figures for $14.99 at Star Wars Galactic Outpost, and a holiday wreath with lights is available at Disney’s Days of Christmas for $16.99.
Other deals include savings of up to 40 percent on select merchandise at Curl by Sammy Duval, a free bangle with $125 purchase at Pandora Jewelry, 40 percent off all merchandise, excluding “rare finds,” at Lucky Brand and up to 60 percent off original prices of select styles at APEX by Sunglass Hut.
All stores will open at 8 a.m. – two hours earlier than normal – on Black Friday, Nov. 25, and Saturday, Nov. 26. Adding to the festivities, the Disney Springs waterfront promenade will feature bars offering mimosas for purchase, while Bloody Marys will be available for purchase at nearby Dockside Margaritas.
For a full list of participating locations, shoppers can visit DisneyWorld.com/BlackFriday.
Beyond the Black Friday specials offered by merchants, a whole world of entertainment awaits shoppers at Disney Springs to make for a most unique day of fun for the entire family. Here’s a dozen diversions for shoppers to Disney Springs:
- Take a break and go bowling — but not just any bowling. Splitsville Luxury Lanes elevates bowling to a new level with upscale food and live music. Located in the heart of West Side.
- Rise high above the panorama of Disney Springs aboard the Characters in Flight Balloon, operated by Aerophile. The world’s largest tethered helium balloon rises 400 feet for breathtaking views. West Side.
- Hit the pause button from shopping and relax in comfort by taking in a box office hit at AMC Movies at Disney Springs. Includes the Fork & Screen Dine-In Theatre. West Side.
- On-the-go guests can grab a quick bite or shop merchandise at the many kiosks strung around Disney Springs.
- Where else can families have a theme park experience while making the shopping rounds? DisneyQuest Interactive Theme Park lets guests choose their own high-tech adventure among five floors of gaming awesomeness – from classic arcade favorites to immersive virtual worlds. West Side.
- Head for Paradiso 37, a waterfront emporium for dining, dancing, live Latin music and a tequila menu boasting more than 75 choices. The Landing.
- Take the kiddies for a spin on a charming Venetian carousel, lavishly hand-painted and crafted by skilled artisans in Italy. Marketplace.
- Unwind lakeside at the open-air Waterside Stage where special events, activities and live performances – from full concerts to a DJ Kids Dance Party – take place every day and night. The Landing.
- Take a break at Raglan Road, an Irish pub, over a cold pint, hearty cuisine, live music and high-stepping Irish Dancers. The Landing.
- Remember the slogan “The Pause that Refreshes”? From the rooftop bar of the Coca-Cola Store shoppers can pause, enjoy classic and exotic flavors while they take in the panorama of Disney Springs. Town Center.
- How about a lake cruise to add spice to your shopping day? Vintage American Amphicars and romantic Italian water taxis depart regularly from The BOATHOUSE, an upscale dining location on Lake Buena Vista. The Landing.
- Put on a happy face – or any other face. At the Face Painting by Enjoy Your Face booth, you can choose from a whimsical or animal-inspired design or have a face-painting professional create a custom look.