IN THE JOYOUS CELEBRATION OF 20 YEARS OF CHRISTMAS CHEER, FREEFORM IS MAKING THE HOLIDAY SEASON BIGGER AND BETTER FOR THEIR ‘25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS’ PROGRAMMING EVENT
- Hollywood Mega Star Miss Piggy Named Freeform’s Ambassador of Holiday Cheer
- Pop Up Santa Returns with More Merriment and Heartwarming Surprises
- The Jolly Guffaws Arrive in Spades with Festive ‘Funny Or Die Presents Santa’s Shorts’
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and in honor of their 20 years of Christmas cheer, Freeform is making this year’s “25 Days of Christmas” the merriest one yet. This year, the network will be upping the holiday spirit with their annual gift-giving initiative Pop Up Santa, hilarious holiday-themed shorts “Funny Or Die Presents Santa’s Shorts” and their very first Ambassador of Holiday Cheer Miss Piggy. All of these jolly holiday moments can be seen during “25 Days of Christmas” airing December 1 – 25, on the Freeform app and on 25DaysofChristmasTV.com.
To help everyone get into the holiday spirit, Freeform has announced their very first Ambassador of Cheer – the incomparable Miss Piggy. In promos that will air throughout the “25 Days of Christmas” programming event, Miss Piggy and some of her fellow Muppets will spread the joy of this festive season.
“It is moi’s great honor to be named Freeform’s first ever Ambassador of Cheer…and I intend to wield my vast ambassadorial powers to make certain everyone enjoys a happy holiday, filled with happiness, hilarity, joy and giving,” said Miss Piggy. “And speaking of giving, remember it’s never too late to get the new ambassador a lovely holiday gift.”
Freeform is back to surprising viewers with unexpected gifts and appearances with their Pop Up Santa initiative. To celebrate “25 Days of Christmas,” the network will spread the merriment and good cheer with heartwarming surprises and sponsors. This season, Freeform and its original series stars are decking the holiday halls for Pop Up Santa that will include:
- “Pretty Little Liars” star Janel Parrish and Tori Kelly, one of the stars from Illumination Entertainment’s motion picture “Sing,” partner to surprise a lucky aspiring singer/songwriter with huge surprises to help advance her music career, airing on Friday, December 2, during “The Santa Clause” (7:15 – 9:20 p.m. EST).
- “The Fosters” star Cierra Ramirez and eBay partner to surprise one very deserving foster family with a home makeover and more airing on Sunday, December 4, during “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (8:45 – 10:55 p.m. EST).
- “Baby Daddy” stars Tahj Mowry and Derek Theler, along with the Pizza Hut Triple Treat Truck, surprise some very lucky college students airing on Wednesday, December 7, during “Elf” (9:00 – 11:00 p.m. EST).
- “Baby Daddy” star Chelsea Kane and Zales The Diamond Store, team up once again to help coordinate a romantic proposal celebrating one lucky couple’s Diamond Kind of Love, airing Sunday, December 18, during Disney’s “Frozen” (7:20 – 9:50 p.m. EST).
- “Baby Daddy” star Melissa Peterman and Goldfish Colors Crackers team up to bring a snowy winter wonderland experience to a special location in the Southern California area, airing Monday, December 19, during “Elf” (6:50 – 8:55 p.m. EST).
- NBA star Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves has a surprise for a special group of children. The special NBA surprise will be airing throughout “25 Days of Christmas,” and be sure to catch Towns in action on ESPN’s “NBA on Christmas Day” game at 8:00 p.m. EST/5:00 p.m. PST on December 25.
- Some very lucky “Pretty Little Liars” fans get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go behind the scenes of their favorite show and get a sneak peek of the new series “Famous in Love.” The special “Pretty Little Liars” Pop Up Santa surprise will be airing throughout “25 Days of Christmas.”
- “Switched at Birth” fans think they are going to participate in a focus group but get an exciting surprise by the cast instead. The special “Switched at Birth” Pop Up Santa surprise will be airing throughout “25 Days of Christmas.”
- A group of young women from Girls, Inc. get a surprise holiday party from “The Fosters” star Cierra Ramirez and a donation to their “Girls Code Club.” The special “The Fosters” Pop Up Santa surprise will be airing throughout “25 Days of Christmas.”
The holiday season is full of caring and sharing, but also a time for hilarity, and Freeform is bringing the laughter with festive Funny Or Die shorts. “Funny Or Die Presents Santa’s Shorts” are 2-4 minute long shorts airing throughout the network’s biggest programming event of the year, “25 Days of Christmas,” December 1 – 25. “Funny Or Die Presents Santa’s Shorts” can also be found on the Freeform app starting on December 1. The “Funny Or Die Presents Santa’s Shorts” are:
- “Santa Leak” – A Santa spokesperson holds a North Pole press conference when Santa’s cell phone is hacked revealing a long list of embarrassing details.
- “Santa Feature” – Santa takes a reporter along for his Christmas Eve deliveries, but the more he tries to impress her, the more things don’t go as planned.
- “Chaz Claus” – Though Christmas may be the happiest time for every other child in the world, it does not bring joy to Chaz Claus, the deadbeat son of Santa who still lives at home and must deal with being the only kid whose father has to work on Christmas Eve.
- “Mrs. Claus Makeup Tutorial” – Christmas Eve is the one night of the year when Mrs. Claus has the house to herself and she lives it up by giving a holiday-inspired makeup tutorial.
- “Polite Boyfriend” – An over eager boyfriend meets his girlfriend’s family for the first time and takes making a good first impression to a whole new level.