One would think the fact I have been to Walt Disney World more times than I can count these days,would mean I have seen just about, and done just about, everything there is to do. Well, let me be the first to disappoint you, because there are a whole lot of things that I have yet to do, or experience.
So what are some things this seasoned Disneyholic has yet to do or try? How about:
- Experience a Dole Whip: Yes I know this is Disney foul because how could I not? I am allergic to dairy, so I have stayed away from it typically. I will say there is a lot of debate over the internet to whether it actually contains dairy or not. Some say yes, while others say no. I will add from what I have found is this it is not dairy free! It contains sodium caseinate, a milk derivative. Casein is the milk protein, and what most people are allergic to when they have a true milk allergy. This may be one that I may never try, just in case though, I am sad to think this.
- Participated in a 24-hour experience: Every now and then Walt Disney World has done a 24 hour event, it actually happened a couple years ago while we were down there. And while I could have partied all night, I never made it. Sadly, I think my up-all-night days are a thing of the past.
- Mission: Space (the orange side): Mission: Space just happens to be one of my son’s favorite rides. But none of us have ever dared to go beyond the green, wimpy side of the ride. As much as I wanted to be an astronaut growing up, you would think I would be dying to get on it. But there is something about the experience and the potential “side” effects that make me cringe just a little bit, but maybe one day…
- Experienced the dining shows: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review and the Spirits of Aloha are two things that my friends rave about. We always say one of these years we will do it, and who knows maybe one of these days we actually will. But either the timing has never worked out or someone in the party isn’t as excited about it as another experience. So this remains on the one of these days list until then.
- Stood in line to meet a Princess: OK, so I am pretty sure this will eventually change in the not-so-distant years to come. After all, I do have a daughter now. But for the longest time, meeting a princess was not on the top of my son’s list. I was able to get him to meet them once when he was a year old when we had dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table, but there was no line as they came around to our table. And you know, in a way, after standing in line to meet countless number of Jedi characters and Stormtroopers I have to say, I am looking forward to meeting a princess or two!
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: This falls under the whole “give this another year or two as well” category. Before our daughter, there was no reason to come here. We were busy mastering our Jedi skills, and there were no girls in the family on either side (there are now TWO!). But now that my daughter is just about 16 months, I can pretty much guarantee we will be heading here shortly to turn our little one in to the princess we already know she is!
So tell me, if you are a frequent Disney parks fan, what are some things you have yet to experience?