On Jan. 12, collegiate cheerleading and dance squads will yell, tumble and stunt their way to glory in the National College Cheerleading & Dance Championship, the most prestigious college cheer event in the country.
2018 NFL Pro Bowl Week
And to close out a busy January, the top stars representing the AFC and NFC conferences will return to the sports complex for NFL Pro Bowl Week festivities. In addition to team practices, the 2018 Pro Bowl Skills Showdown will take place at the sports complex, pitting AFC and NFC athletes against each other in unique competitions, such as:
- Kick Tac Toe: A new challenge this year which will test the accuracy of kickers with a version of the classic game.
- Gridiron Gauntlet: A selected number of players from each team will participate in a relay race which showcases strength, speed and agility.
- Drone Drop: A bonus event where one player from each team will attempt to catch footballs dropped from drones from increasing heights above the field. The player who records the highest catch total wins a monetary prize that will be donated to the charity of his choice.
Pro Bowl Week culminates with the 2018 Pro Bowl, held Jan. 28 at Camping World Stadium.
Atlanta Braves Spring Training
In February, the Atlanta Braves return for their 21st spring training season at Disney, with games getting underway at Champion Stadium on Feb. 26. The Braves will host the World Series Champion Houston Astros (Mar. 8), as well as Washington Nationals (Feb. 26, March 1), St. Louis Cardinals (March 3), Miami Marlins (March 4) and New York Yankees (March 9, 24), among others.
For fans in attendance, Disney character appearances and special moments such as kids running the bases after every game are some of the in-game entertainment opportunities that make Braves spring training at Disney a unique experience. Individual spring training game tickets are on sale at www.espnwwos.com/braves, through Ticketmaster outlets (800-745-3000) and at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Box Office. Tickets range from $15 (general admission berm seating in left field) to $59 (lower level reserved seats).
Information on Braves spring training season tickets, suite/hospitality, group tickets and mini-plans is available by calling the premium sales team at (407) 939-GAME (4263) and online at www.espnwwos.com/braves. The popular mini-plans will be available again this season, featuring three three-game options.
Below is a look at key events held at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex through March 2018:
- 25th annual Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend (Jan. 4-7)
- National College Cheerleading & Dance Championship (Jan. 12-14)
- Disney Field Hockey Showcase (Jan. 19-21): Returning to the sports complex in 2018, this USA Field Hockey-sanctioned event is the ultimate place for top field hockey clubs to be seen by college coaches.
- NFL Pro Bowl Week (Jan. 24-27)
- National Dance Team Championship (Feb. 2-4)
- National High School Cheerleading Championship (Feb. 10-11)
- Braves Spring Training (Mid Feb.-Mar.24)
- Disney President’s Day Soccer Festival (Feb. 17-19)
- Disney High School/College Spring Training (Feb. 25-April 29): high school and college baseball, golf, soccer, lacrosse, rugby, softball, tennis and track and field teams spend spring break training where the pros train at Disney
- Contest of Champions National Dance Competition (Mar. 2-4)
- UCA International All-Star Championship (Mar. 10-11): An annual gymnastics competition held at the sports complex
- Disney Volleyball Showcase (Mar. 16-18): This USA Volleyball-sanctioned event is a qualifying tournament for the USA Volleyball Girls’ Junior National Championships.
- AmeriCheer & AmeriDance International Championship (Mar. 24-25)
- AAU Boys’ Basketball (Mar. 30-July 29): AAU spring hoops events get underway in March, culminating in the AAU National Championships in July.