Journey Behind the Scenes of Disney’s New Broadway Musical, Frozen, with Disney Twenty-Three Exclusive Interviews with the Stars and Creative Team Take Readers Inside the Making of this Spectacular Show
This winter, audiences will be able to experience the worldwide phenomenon that is Frozen in a completely new way when Frozen: The Broadway Musical opens in New York City. Disney twenty-three spoke exclusively with the company bringing this magnificent musical to the stage, including the Tony® Award-winning creative team of Michael Grandage, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Rob Ashford, and Christopher Oram and its stars Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna). The group spoke about their excitement for expanding the show’s story, score, and characters—including a dazzling, all-new opening number.
This month, Black Panther hits theaters, and director Ryan Coogler and executive producer Nate Moore whisk readers off to Wakanda to get the inside story behind the making of the thrilling Marvel film. Disney twenty-three also visited the set of A Wrinkle in Time, speaking with director Ava DuVernay about her dazzling adaptation of the exhilarating adventure which opens this March.
Plus, in honor of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s 20th anniversary, legendary Imagineer Joe Rohde shares 20 ways this innovative theme park—which he has worked on since its inception—broke the mold.
Also included in the spring issue of Disney twenty-three:
- A look inside D23’s 2018 Gold Member Gift, Walt Disney’s Mickey Mouse
- The imagination and origination of Tokyo Disney Resort
- The inside-the-nursery story of Disney Junior’s all-new Muppet Babies
- Spectacular artwork that inspired Peter Pan, which celebrates its 65th anniversary this year
- A visit to the office of Disney’s Animal Kingdom vice president Djuan Rivers
- Regular features including Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in mid-February.