Walt Disney World Resort is the place to give Dad the special treatment this Father’s Day. Day or night, it’s all about celebrating Dads, husbands and all the special guys who deserve the very best on their special day.
DAYTIME WITH DAD
If Dad’s an adrenaline junkie, start the day with exhilarating rides and shows at any of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
For the ultimate out-of-this-world adventure, take Dad to Pandora – The World of Avatar to experience Avatar Flight of Passage, the top-rated attraction at Walt Disney World Resort. Fly on the back of a banshee and soar between floating mountains in this one-of-a-kind journey.
After returning to Earth, guests can grab their passports and head to Asia for a thrilling, high-speed climb into the Himalayas on Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.
Car aficionados will get their fix on Test Track Presented by Chevrolet, where guests design a virtual concept vehicle and take it for a high-octane spin. Afterwards, Dad can pose for a picture with a Chevrolet dream car.
Head over to Soarin’ Around the World for a breezy, airborne adventure above some of the most breathtaking wonders the world has to offer.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Only a boat ride away from Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is home to Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! In this show, viewers can get a behind-the-scenes look at movie-making magic. Dad can even volunteer to be part of the action.
Take a trip down memory lane on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, where Dad can relive his rock star days in a super-stretch limo featuring songs by Aerosmith.
SPORTS AND SNACKS
If sports are Dad’s thing, head over to the ESPN Club at Disney’s Boardwalk. With nearly 100 video monitors, each featuring global satellite feeds, families can watch virtually any televised game while enjoying a pub-style menu that includes popular items such as wings, loaded tots and craft-beer batter fish & chips. Dad can relax with delicious specialty cocktails and craft beers on tap, while surrounded by the best in televised sports entertainment—including a 108-square-foot video wall!
A Round of (Foot) Golf with Dad
What’s better than hitting the course with Dad? This Father’s Day, golfers 18 years-old and under play for free with Dad at all Walt Disney World Golf courses.
And for the very first time, Walt Disney World Golf, operated by Arnold Palmer Golf Management, is proud to offer the game of FootGolf on Disney’s Oak Trail golf course. The 18-Hole FootGolf course is certified by the American FootGolf League (AFGL), the governing body for the sport of FootGolf in the United States. For more information, visit golfwdw.com/footgolf
SUMMER NIGHT DELIGHTS
After a day of park-hopping and sports, head to Disney Springs and treat Dad to specialty shops, amazing dining and entertainment. Here’s a sampling of what’s in store:
- The Boathouse is the only place in the world where Dads can thrill to a Captain’s Guided Tour in a vintage Amphicar that drives on land and enter the waters of Lake Buena Vista with a splash. The Boathouse is also home to one of the world’s largest collections of fully restored Dream Boats from the ‘30s, ‘40s, and ‘50s – from classic Chris-Crafts to a one-of-a-kind jet boat that once reached speeds of over 200mph.
- Live Entertainment – Treat Dad to great music and entertainment with any of the 25 live performers and acts that appear nightly at Disney Springs.
- Tommy Bahama, the retail location known for its island flair and garden-grove ambiance, is celebrating Dads and the “Boys of Summer” with MLB® With its new MLB Collection, on the field or in the stands, Dads can be game-ready in ball club gear.
- The Art of Shaving serves up high-end grooming greatness for the modern man. Fathers can choose from essentials that go from brushes and creams to razors and travel kits.
With over 50 food and beverage locations, including five restaurants by James Beard Award-winning chefs, Disney Springs is the go-to place for a lunch or dinner date with Dad.
- Start with a meal fit for a champ at Paddlefish. This on-the-water restaurant will serve a special “T-Bone & Tail” Father’s Day meal – a 20oz T-Bone and cold water lobster tail with a classic béarnaise sauce for $59.
- Families can treat Dads to tasty drinks carefully paired with delicious dishes in the new Discover Bourbon at Disney Springs experience. Whether Dad is a bourbon aficionado or just enjoys sipping and savoring new drinks, this experience is perfect for an afternoon stroll or an evening out with family.
- For a sweet snack, Amorette’s Patisserie will offer dipped “Tuxedo” strawberries and special treats honoring a beloved Disney Dad – Geppetto from “Pinocchio.” The treats will be available June 14-17, 2018.
EXPLORE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT HOTELS
Take advantage of all the offerings available at select Walt Disney World resort hotels, including:
- Dine: Treat Dad to a special prix-fixe Father’s Day menu at Flying Fish, a contemporary American restaurant on Disney’s Boardwalk that specializes in premium seafood, steak and wine. This delicious dinner menu, created with Dads in mind, will include delicacies such as crispy crab croquettes, black Angus short rib and jumbo shrimp scampi. ($69 per adult plus $29 for wine pairing). For reservations, please visit disneyworld.com/dining or call (407) 939-1947.
- Shop: Find a great gift for Dad at any of the many resorts’ merchandise stores, including Commander Porter’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This elegant location specializes in upscale men’s wear such as shirts, pants, hats, sunglasses and more.
- Play: Enjoy some old-fashioned fun with a guided fishing excursion out on the water at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Whether Dad is a seasoned sportsman or an amateur angler, this is sure to be a fun experience for the entire family. Guests can also choose from other activities such as horseback riding, nature trail exploration, boat rentals, volleyball, tennis, bike rentals and the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure. The Archery Experience is an option for guests who want to learn target shooting from an archery guide. For reservations, call (407) 939-BASS or (407) 939-2277.