“I hope we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse.” – Walt Disney
When Walt Disney said the words above, he emphasized how much of Disney was established on the introduction of Mickey Mouse in 1928. The collaboration’s campaign builds on this idea by looking at the origin stories of young artists including American rapper Lil Yachty, British singer-songwriter Anne-Marie, Chinese actress Zhou Dongyu and Japanese pop duo AMIAYA.
“Music and Disney go hand in hand, now they just have the perfect headphones to be an outlet and represent them,” Lil Yachty said. “I am honored to be chosen for this collaboration; I grew up watching Disney and using Beats headphones. Now I get to represent them both it’s unreal.”
Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats) and Disney, two brands that both understand how music inspires imagination, announce a collaboration celebrating the “true original” with Mickey Mouse’s 90th Anniversary Edition Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones.
- The cool-gray, on-ear wireless headphone features an all-over design resurrecting Mickey Mouse’s iconic pose worn by music legends throughout the eras.
- Whether you’re playing your favorite Disney soundtrack or heading to one of Disney’s parks, music lovers on-the-go will appreciate Fast Fuel that provides 3 hours of playback after just 5 minutes of charging.
- Stay comfortable no matter what. The cushioned, pivoting ear cups adjust so you can customize your fit for all-day listening comfort.
- Keep the magic going with award-winning sound with up to an incredible 40 hours of battery life.
- The Apple W1 chip provides an easy one-step Bluetooth connection and the added ability to toggle seamlessly between iCloud-registered devices.
- The special-edition headphones also come with a unique, custom felt case inspired by the materials from Mickey Mouse ear hats plus a collectible 90th Anniversary pin and decal sticker.
Mickey Mouse in Music
As a brand born from the music industry, Beats joined efforts with Disney to recognize how the world’s most famous Disney icon has left his mark on the artist community over his 90 years.
- Beginning with Steamboat Willie (1928), Mickey Mouse made his debut in Disney’s first synchronized sound cartoon.
- He later starred in his most famous musical piece, Fantasia (1940), a critical masterpiece composed of eight animated segments of classical music that has long inspirited generations.
- Disney’s variety show The Mickey Mouse Club (1955) was then created in his honor, leading to the emergence of several “mousketeers” turned early-aughts pop stars.
- Mickey Mouse eventually got his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1978 — deservedly joining other major contributors to the music and entertainment industry — and has made appearances on the shirts of countless music icons of the past and present.
Pricing and Retail
Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones – Mickey Mouse’s 90th Anniversary Edition – Gray ($329.95) can be ordered via pre-sale today on Amazon.com and will be available for purchase at Apple.com and Apple stores, Disney.com and Best Buy starting November 11, 2018.
Visit beatsbydre.com for more information.
disclosure: the links in this post are NON-AFFLIATE links. They are there for your convenience only. 🙂