The Atlanta Braves’ 2019 spring training season at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort officially began Friday, Feb. 15, when pitchers and catchers reported to Champion Stadium.
The Braves have trained at Disney since 1997 and now begin their 22nd and final season at Disney. Winners of the 2018 National League East crown, the Braves are moving their spring training operations to Sarasota County (North Port, Florida) for the 2020 Major League Baseball season.
The team is hoping to start its 2019 season off right at Disney, beginning a quest for its first consecutive division championship since the 2004 and 2005 seasons. Here are five key facts for the final season of Braves spring training at Disney:
- Atlanta will play a 16-game home spring training schedule at Champion Stadium beginning Monday, Feb. 25, when it hosts the Washington Nationals at 1:05 p.m.
- The Braves will play their final spring training home game at Champion Stadium on Saturday, March 23, against the New York Mets.
- Atlanta is moving spring training operations to Sarasota County (North Port, Fla.) in 2020.
- Atlanta will play three spring training games against two clubs that qualified for the 2018 postseason (Houston Astros, March 4 & 17); and the New York Yankees (March 18).
- Braves will play three night games under the lights during 2019 spring training action – Philadelphia Phillies, March 8; New York Yankees, March 18; and Detroit Tigers, March 22.
- Disney character appearances and special moments such as kids running the bases after every game are some of the entertainment opportunities that make Braves spring training at Disney a unique experience.
Individual spring training game tickets are still available at www.espnwwos.com/braves, through Ticketmaster outlets (800-745-3000) and at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Box Office. Tickets range from $15 (general admission berm seating in left field) to $59 (lower level reserved seats).
Information on Braves spring training season tickets, suite/hospitality access, group tickets and mini-plans (two three-game options) is available by calling the premium sales team at 407-939-GAME and online at www.espnwwos.com/braves.
2019 Atlanta Braves Spring Training Home Schedule
- Monday, Feb. 25 – Washington Nationals 1:05 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 – New York Mets 1:05 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 28 – Detroit Tigers 1:05 p.m.
- Friday, March 1 – Toronto Blue Jays 1:05 p.m.
- Sunday, March 3 – Miami Marlins 1:05 p.m.
- Monday, March 4 – Houston Astros 1:05 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6 – Detroit Tigers 1:05 p.m.
- Friday, March 8 – Philadelphia Phillies 6:05 p.m.
- Monday, March 11 – Pittsburgh Pirates 1:05 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 12 – St. Louis Cardinals 1:05 p.m.
- Friday, March 15 – Miami Marlins 1:05 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17 – Houston Astros 1:05 p.m.
- Monday, March 18 – New York Yankees 6:05 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 19
- Friday, March 22 – Detroit Tigers 6:05 p.m.
- Saturday, March 23 – New York Mets 1:05 p.m.