TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR THE SUNSHINE SPEED SHOW, A FULL-ON CELEBRATION OF MOTOR SPEED CULTURE
Early-bird discounted pricing available through end of February
Do you have a need for speed? The Sunshine Speed Show will provide the thrill ride of a lifetime April 26-28, 2019 in Lakeland, Florida, offering vintage cars, classic motorcycles, jalopy and dirt track racing, and air shows, coupled with an ongoing soundtrack featuring more than 20 bands and solo artists on three stages.
The inaugural event is the only one of its kind in the U.S. that marries car and motorcycle shows and racing with an air show, music festival, food and a myriad of features and activities. With early bird single-day admission prices starting at $19 for adults, $10 for youth 13-17, and free for kids 12 and under, the Sunshine Speed Show will offer affordably priced fun for the entire family and every demographic. From 8-year-olds who love cool cars to 80-year-olds who still ride their motorcycles, there’s a thrill for every age.
“It’s about passion for speed in all its different forms,” said Mark McKee, show producer of the Sunshine Speed Show. “We’ll bring it all together in one place so that people can fully immerse themselves in the culture surrounding speed.” The three-day event takes place at the Sun ‘n Fun Expo Campus at the Lakeland Airport.
Headlining the show is a stellar line-up of celebrities from the speed universe who will meet and greet with attendees, share their stories and answer questions from the stage, plus gather for moderated panel discussions. Among the influencers scheduled to appear to date are:
- Cristy Lee, one of the hosts of Velocity Network’s All Girls Garage and a pit reporter and on-air host for MotoAmerica, MotoGP and World Superbike.
- “Big Daddy” Don Garlits, considered the father of drag racing. Now 87, Garlits operates the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing on the grounds of his home in Ocala, Florida.
- David Aldana, an American Motorcycle Association (AMA) Hall of Fame inductee, and winner of four AMA Grand Nationals and the 1981 Suzuka eight-hour endurance race. One of the most versatile racers in the history of the sport, Aldana competed in nearly every form of motorcycle racing, including roadrace, motocross and speedway racing.
- Skratch, who is considered a visionary in the custom car world for his retro pinstriping and custom fabrication. He is best known for his work on Velocity Network’s Overhaulin’ and numerous shows on Hot Rod TV.
- Patty Wagstaff, an air show performer who has earned worldwide recognition for her accomplishments as a pilot, flying thrilling low-level aerobatic routines in competitions and air shows. (All celebrity appearances subject to change without notice.)
Fans of dirt track racing and vintage motorcycles are in for a thrill when the American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association (AHRMA) hosts a points-paying round in its national racing series on Saturday, April 27. Both advance and on-site registration are available.
The Sunshine Speed Show’s music festival kicks in with more than 20 different live bands and solo artists from across Florida on three different stages, giving attendees an eclectic mix of entertainment from country to southern rock. Additional shows, features and offerings scheduled during the unforgettable, action-packed three-day fest include:
- Nine unique car shows
- Dirt track motorcycle racing
- The Sunshine Vintage Motorcycle Concours
- The Sunshine Custom Bike Builder Championship
- Air shows and a fly-in
- The Parlor featuring craft beer, wine, and whiskey tastings
- Inspired chef creations on The Fork & Torque Row
- Ride & Destroy Stunt Team sponsored by Bell Helmets
- Vendors and exhibitors
- Weekend camping available in more than 1,000 spaces in wooded grounds with hook ups, restrooms and shower facilities
- “Got Your Back Vet Ride-In” on Sunday to benefit the Semper Fi Fund, which provides urgently needed resources and lifetime support for combat wounded, critically ill and catastrophically injured members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families
Attendees can save $10 on single and multi-day tickets with ticket purchase by February 28; special offers are also available for the show’s exclusive VIP Apex Club and VIP Box packages. For ticket purchase, show hours, event updates and more information, including special offers, visit www.sunshinespeedshow.com. Connect with the show on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The Lakeland Linder Airport is located at 4175 Medulla Road, Lakeland, FL 3381. General admission show times are Friday, 1:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.; and Sunday 9 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
“You’re going to see things you’ve never seen before,” said McKee. “This is a first-of-its-kind festival designed for people with a passion for motors and music!”