Disclosure: We were sent this Blu-Ray in order to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are our own.
Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame,” the climactic conclusion to an unprecedented, 11-year cinematic journey in which the Avengers take one final stand against Thanos, delivered the biggest opening weekend in history and is currently one of the highest-grossing films of all time. Avengers fans around the world are invited to assemble once more for the in-home release of “Avengers: Endgame” on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand beginning Aug. 13. The must-own, final chapter of the 22-film MCU series, “Avengers: Endgame,” will be packaged several ways to ensure fans get the most out of their in-home entertainment experience.
When I saw Avengers: Endgame in the theater, I was captivated. It was the single best 3 hours I ever spent in a movie theater. I knew I wanted to see this movie again, but maybe not so much in a movie theater. I know that my neurotic Disney 11-year-old has been anxiously awaiting the release so she can watch it as well. She handled Captain Marvel like a champ. But since she hasn’t seen the other Avengers movies, I feel the need for an Avengers movie marathon! If you have been waiting for the release of Avengers: Endgame to show your smallest Marvel fan at home, it is important to watch, at the very least, the Avengers movies.
One of our most favorite features of Blu-Ray releases are the bonus features – and this one is packed with them! We love to watch these afterward and talk about the movie. If you have already seen Avengers: Endgame, you know you want to talk about his movie. We watched(and loved) ALL of the bonus material, but our favorite features in the whole collection are Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance(a digital exclusive) and Remembering Stan Lee. Check it all out:
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Digital Exclusive: Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs, and gaffes from the set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
This is one release you do not want to miss. Add Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame to your library beginning on Tuesday, August 13th!