disclosure: I was given a digital code of Free Guy in order to facilitate this review & giveaway. All opinions are my own. No other compensation was received.
FREE GUY is available on Digital NOW and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD!
20th Century Studios’ action-comedy FREE GUY is available on all major digital platforms and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD. Enjoy never-before-seen bonus material including two deleted scenes, an extended scene, bloopers and making-of featurettes. Want to watch Free Guy? Keep reading and enter our giveaway – Two lucky readers will receive a digital code for Free Guy, redeemable on MoviesAnywhere.com.
About the Movie
A bank teller (Ryan Reynolds) who discovers he is actually a background player in an open-world video game decides to become the hero of his own story – one he rewrites himself. Now, in a world where there are no limits, he is determined to be the guy who saves his world his way… before it’s too late.
What I Thought
Free Guy is fun movie, but dare I say, similar to Wreck-It-Ralph. Both movies have likable characters and situations where the game characters react in a way they shouldn’t – rewriting their stories. While the concept of the movie isn’t exactly original, it was not that bad.
The cast features Ryan Reynolds as Guy, Jodie Comer as Millie / Molotovgirl, Lil Rel Howery as Buddy, Joe Keery as Keys, Utkarsh Ambudkar as Mouser, and Taika Waititi as Antwan. Ryan Reynolds is impressive and likable, as always. Has Ryan Reynolds ever let a movie down? You may remember Joe Keery from Stranger Things(Steve).
Is Free Guy for the whole family?
Free Guy is a fun movie for *almost* the whole family. Free Guy is rated PG-13 for strong fantasy violence throughout, language and crude/suggestive references.
While I have never personally played the game Fortnite, I have heard that the movie has a similar vibe to that particular game. As always, this is a personal decision.
We aren’t into gaming – why should we see this movie?
I will be honest. I am not a gamer. There are some gaming terms used that I was not familiar with, but luckily I had a teenager to fill me in. Other than a few terms, it was not a hard movie to follow. But the message behind the movie is definitely one to share.
Guy(Ryan Reynolds) has a desire to change who is is. While he doesn’t realize he is in a video game in the beginning, he has ambition and hope that he can be someone else and be better. He one day decides to take risks, defy what is comfortable and reach for the impossible.
Who knew a movie about gaming could get so deep?
20th Century Studios’ Free Guy Bonus Features*
I’m not going to lie – I love bonus features. Sometimes, they are even better than the movie itself. I enjoy the extra storylines in deleted scenes and how they can enhance the story. We enjoy giggling to deleted scenes that were cut for good reasons. And don’t forget about the gag reel! Those bloopers are always fun! check out everything Free Guy has to offer:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Guy and Buddy Hit the Beach
- Hot Nuts Gets Blown
- NPC Rally (Extended)
- Gag Reel
- Dude vs Guy – Join Ryan Reynolds, director Shawn Levy and the creative and stunt teams as they reveal the innovative process of creating Free Guy’s ultimate showdown between Guy and the wildly amped-up, spray-tanned, frosted-tipped version of himself known as Dude.
- Creating Molotovgirl – Jodie Comer transforms from a brilliant programmer to her fierce avatar in Free Guy. Watch as the award-winning action star and filmmakers deconstruct the conceptualization, evolution and execution of bringing Molotovgirl to life.
- It’s Taika’s World – Free Guy’s outrageous action may exist in a virtual world, but Taika Waititi makes the real world just as crazy with the over-the-top Antwan. See him at work in this entertaining showcase of a genuinely talented and hilarious performer.
- Welcome to Free City – Delve into the reality-skewing universe that is Free City, as revealed by director Shawn Levy, the cast, and its inventive creative teams. Find out how they transformed a real metropolis into a virtual playground where anything is possible.
Win a Digital Code!
Want to see Free Guy? Be sure to enter below. We will be awarding a digital code to two(2) lucky winners! Giveaway runs until 11:59pm October 21, 2021. Full rules for our giveaways can be found here.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A Disney blooded, crafty, fun-lovin’ wife/mom/organizer/planner, etc who is obsessed with all things Disney 🙂 Maria grew up with the Magic Kingdom and has loved watching WDW evolve into what it is today. A firm believer in the Power of Pixie Dust, she is the owner of The Disney Driven Life – A Community for Neurotic Disney People & a d.i.y. crafty blog, Carousel of Projects – create~inspire~share.