Vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort as an adult is a chance for guests to embrace their nostalgic side and experience Disney through new eyes. Watching a child interact with their favorite Disney Princess or Mickey Mouse for the first time is special, but there are plenty of things for adults to experience too that just might make them feel like a kid again.
Here are the 12 things for adults to do at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort – Visiting Walt Disney World theme parks during The World’s Most Magical Celebration, an 18th-month-long celebration honoring the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, is a once-in-a-life-time chance to encounter the shimmering EARidescent atmosphere and take part in new experiences across all four theme parks and beyond.
- Recreate a Childhood Photo – With the celebrations for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort underway, now is a great time for adult guests to reflect on their favorite memories by recreating a photo taken while on vacation at Disney as a child.
- Visit Walt Disney World Resort During the Holiday Season – From seasonal decorations and jolly entertainment offerings to festive treats and Disney Very Merriest After Hours, there is so much for adults to see and experience throughout the winter holidays at Walt Disney World Resort now through Dec. 31.
- Attend a Seasonal Festival at EPCOT – The seasonal festivals at EPCOT, including the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth, offer an ever-evolving assortment of delicious cuisine and entertainment that everyone can enjoy. Adults will be able to appreciate global dishes with a new perspective and sample complementary beverage pairings with their favorite culinary dishes from around World Showcase.
- Ride Favorite Attractions – Visiting Walt Disney World as an adult presents an opportunity to ride classic attractions guests remember from childhood and check out all of the new attractions that have been added in recent years such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park or Avatar Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
- Run in the Parks with runDisney – In-person runDisney races are back at Walt Disney World Resort. Adults who participate will have the chance to run past iconic Disney landmarks and beloved characters before the Disney theme parks open to guests.
- Eat Classic Walt Disney World Treats – From DOLE Whip and Churros to Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bars, memorable Disney treats from childhood are just as delicious now as when adult guests experienced them as a kid. And with new DOLE Whip flavors and an exciting list of creative new menu items across property to try, these nostalgic treats can now be enjoyed with a “newstalgic” twist.
- Gather with Friends at Disney Springs– Adults visiting Walt Disney World Resort can take advantage of unique dining experiences they won’t find anywhere else, including a variety of eateries, bars and lounges at Disney Springs, a destination for fun-filled time with friends.
- Stay in the Magic at a Disney Resort Hotel – The Resort hotels at Walt Disney World offer themed amenities and unique dining experiences along with convenient proximity and transportation to all four Disney theme parks, Disney Springs and the Disney Water Parks.
- Go to Multiple Disney Theme Parks in One Day – Adults can maximize their trip at Walt Disney World Resort by purchasing a ticket with the Park Hopper Option and taking advantage of Walt Disney World transportation offerings, such as the Disney Skyliner, to easily hop between theme parks.
- Watch a Nighttime Spectacular – Watching fireworks is a quintessential part of any Walt Disney World Resort vacation. And with the the recent debut of Disney Enchantment at Magic Kingdom Park and Harmonious at EPCOT, now is the perfect time to visit.
- Visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – From special appearances by favorite characters to piloting the Millennium Falcon, adults can visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to see the Star Wars stories and characters from their childhood brought to life.