On Monday, October 16, Disney and TikTok launched a brand-new partnership with the unveiling of the Disney100 hub—a first-of-its-kind experience featuring exclusive content, a series of interactive Disney-themed challenges and games, and exclusive music and sounds. Additionally, Disney joined TikTok’s Pulse Premiere advertising offering.
In just few weeks, there has been incredible engagement across Disney brands like ESPN, and on entertainment challenges, experiences, music, and more. Early insights from the Disney100 hub showcase the success of the program, as well as reveal the unexpected community behaviors, like a vibrant trading ecosystem within comments and trends the partnership ushered in—expanding both brands’ expectations. And for just a few more days, Disney fans can still get in on the fun, securing final character cards and earning Profile Frames which will be active through Wednesday, December 13.
“The Disney100 collaboration with TikTok allowed us the opportunity to expand our community, reach our core fans, encourage creativity, inspire storytelling, and engage audiences with our timeless stories and characters through unique interactives,” said Asad Ayaz, Chief Brand Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “The excitement and engagement around this first-of-its-kind hub speaks to the power of TikTok and Disney’s ability to entertain by creating memories and bringing magic into the lives of everyone around the world.”
Engagement Data to Date
- Approximately 172 million new followers across all (47) Disney accounts
- ESPN is now the most followed Brand account with 44.1 million followers.
- 7.2 billion video views with #Disney100 so far
- 18 billion character cards earned
- Elsa, Iron Man, and Minnie Mouse were the most collected cards for week one.
- Mandalorian, Black Panther, and Chewbacca were the most collected cards for week two.
- Joy, Groot, and Mickey Mouse were the most collected cards for week three.
- Cumulatively, Mandalorian is the most collected card across the three weeks.
- “This Wish” (Uploaded October 18, 2023)
- 5.1 million creations
- 2.5 billion total views on the sound
- “This Wish “peaked at No. 2 on the TikTok Billboard Top 50 chart
- “This Is the Thanks I Get?!” (Uploaded October 24, 2023)
- 3.2 million creations
- 603 million total views on the sound
- “Steal the Show” (Uploaded May 31, 2023)
- 1.2 million creations
- 1.4 billion total views on the sound (1 billion views after campaign started)
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” (Uploaded February 2, 2021)
- 2.5 million creations
- 1.4 billion total views on the sound (300 million views after campaign started)
Additional Information on the Music
Since the launch of the Disney100 hub on TikTok, there has been a significant increase in the popularity of some of Disney’s fan favorite original songs, with a few even earning a spot in the recently refreshed TikTok Billboard Top 50. They include:
- From the upcoming film Wish, in theaters Wednesday, November 22, “This Wish,” performed by Ariana DeBose, has driven over 4 million creations and 1.5 billion video views since its release earlier this month. It currently sits at No. 2 on the TikTok Billboard Top 50. From the same movie, “This Is The Thanks I Get?!,” performed by Chris Pine, has driven over 2.6 million creations and is No. 20 on the TikTok Billboard Top 50.
- From this Disney and Pixar’s Elemental, “Steal the Show” by Lauv has broken into the No. 40 spot on the TikTok Billboard Top 50.
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” the hit song from the 2021 film Encanto performed by Mauro Castillo and Carolina Gaitán, is making a comeback, currently ranked at No. 6 on the TikTok Billboard Top 50. The Disney Hits Bracket effect has contributed to the song’s recent success, generating over 6.5 million creations in the past couple weeks, featuring the song as the default audio.
- The “Halloweentown Theme” by Mark Mothersbaugh was the default audio for the Disney Halloween Theme effect, garnering over 3 million creations with the effect to date, including over 760,000 creations in the past couple weeks.
A Disney blooded, crafty, fun-lovin’ wife/mom/organizer/planner, etc who is obsessed with all things Disney 🙂 Maria grew up with the Magic Kingdom and has loved watching WDW evolve into what it is today. A firm believer in the Power of Pixie Dust, she is the owner of The Disney Driven Life – A Community for Neurotic Disney People & a d.i.y. crafty blog, Carousel of Projects – create~inspire~share.