Leap Day birthdays are a big deal, and Cowboy Chicken is ready to celebrate with a savory birthday gift. The wood-fire rotisserie chicken chain will give all leaplings, or those born on Leap Day, Feb. 29, a free whole chicken to celebrate their special day.
Cowboy Chicken knows that Leap Day birthdays don’t occur every year, and that’s cause for a big celebration when they do. Leap Year only happens every four years to account for the extra time it takes for the Earth to orbit the sun. This makes things problematic for those born on Leap Day to celebrate their birthdays on that actual day. Some technology systems don’t even include Feb. 29 as a choice, causing many leaplings to miss out on birthday loyalty programs.
Cowboy Chicken will offer one free whole chicken per person to those whose birthdays fall on Feb. 29. Guests must appear in person at Cowboy Chicken Kissimmee and must show identification proving that their birthday is Feb. 29. This offer is available during operating hours on Feb. 29. No purchase is required. Only one free chicken per person and this offer may not be combined with other offers.
Fun Leap Year Facts:
- Taking a leap. Roman emperor Julius Caesar originated leap years in 45 B.C., when he reformed the Roman calendar.
- What are the chances? The chances of being born on Feb. 29 are approximately 1 in 1,461 since the date only occurs once every four years. Less than 0.07% of the world’s population has been born on a leap day.
- Keep the party going. Many people born on Leap Day celebrate their birthdays on either Feb. 28 or March 1 in non-leap years.
- Leap Year festival, anyone? Anthony, Texas, and Anthony, New Mexico, both claim to be the “Leap Year Capital of the World” and celebrate Leap Year with a festival. They host a birthday party for leaplings and conduct a Leap Year parade.
- Popping the question. Some cultures have a tradition that encourages women to propose to men on Leap Day. This is linked to an Irish legend about St. Bridget and St. Patrick.
Notable individuals born on Feb. 29:
- Italian composer Gioachino Rossini
- Ja Rule, American rapper and actor
- Jessie T. Usher, American actor
- Mark Foster of Foster the People
- Spain Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez
- Cullen Jones, American swimmer and Olympic gold medalist
- Jack Lousma, aeronautical engineer and NASA astronaut
- Dinah Shore, actress, singer and television personality
In addition to fresh, wood-fire, whole rotisserie chickens, Cowboy Chicken doles out flavor-packed menu items such as satisfying Cowboy plates, enchiladas, plates of crispy drumsticks, savory Wild West sides, handheld sandwiches, and comforting Family Meals, not to mention homemade peach cobbler and refreshing peach tea.
Even More Must-Have Promotions and Deals
- Happy Hour Lemonade – Daily 2-4 p.m. ½ off lemonade (excludes gallons)
- Happy Hour Draft Beer – Daily 4-6 p.m. $3 draft beer
- Lunch for Locals – Monday – Thursday $10 select menu, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. with Florida ID
- Kids Eat Free – Every Monday night with the purchase of an entrée
- Family Night – Every Wednesday night $5 off family meals after 4 p.m. in the app.
Cowboy Chicken Kissimmee is located at 3290 Margaritaville Blvd. at Promenade at Sunset Walk with indoor and covered patio seating and ample, free parking.
Orders can be placed online for pickup or delivery or by calling 407.773.5219. The restaurant is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
For additional news, discounts, and other perks, guests can join the Campfire Club via email or earn Wild West Rewards by downloading the Cowboy Chicken app on iOS or Android.
Stay social: Facebook: @CowboyChickenKissimmeeFL, Instagram: @CowboyChicken, X/Twitter: @CowboyChicken
A Disney blooded, crafty, fun-lovin’ wife/mom/organizer/planner, etc who is obsessed with all things Disney 🙂 Maria grew up with the Magic Kingdom and has loved watching WDW evolve into what it is today. A firm believer in the Power of Pixie Dust, she is the owner of The Disney Driven Life – A Community for Neurotic Disney People & a d.i.y. crafty blog, Carousel of Projects – create~inspire~share.